View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I agree that they're going in the wrong direction.

The most unique thing they have in this game is Kingdom Quest, and hardly anybody joins it now, because everything else in the game is a better thing to do than Kingdom quest.

I know that back when KQ was very popular, was when we didn't have Abyss and all, it was a grind fest. But at the same time, the resources and time consumed in a KQ (that has a really high failing % rate) hardly match up to the rewards now.

And the PvP aspect, it seems like they tried to imitate other games, but not doing it properly? So people are more likely to get killed... and you get kill points... and then what?

Also, the build of Fiesta characters makes it hard for people to compete with people more than 5 levels away from their level range. Each level makes a huge difference in power, so i personally feel that PvP isnt the go for Fiesta based on the nature of the game.

I forgot about this. I remember WoW was first to introduce the "levelling via quests" thing, because many of it's features were only available at cap. But there's nothing to find after capping yourself in Fiesta. It's like you say, they're trying to go into the PvP direction but they don't have the right content or even the right ideas to make it work.

Yeah, kingdom quests are unique to Fiesta, but they stuffed it up with the implementation of levelling from quests. KQ's are no longer about teamwork, it's about who gets the mob kills for their quests.

I think it emphasizes the point that they're ruining Fiesta's original game flow, when they try to thoughtlessly add unique elements from other games. I think there were plenty of other options for improving the experience a player gained, that would've worked with Fiesta a lot better.

Just a rough example from my head would be to give bonus experience for having more of the same guild members in a party. This encourages the whole 'guilds sticking together' thing they're pushing with the recent abyss changes, minus the increase in guild warring. They should just slowly implement REAL incentives for warring other people, not just wreckless reasons you find in today's drama. Incentives like guild points as mentioned before and additional guild buffs to the ones provided by academy. There's so many possibilities with guilds, and Fiesta doesn't seem to be taking any on board.

I know Fiesta is a game in development, but it's been a good year. That's enough time to at least show concept or direction, and Fiesta hasn't provided even that.

Last edited by Dynamics; 11-12-2008 at 12:25 PM..