Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
Triumph is right about mages. We're not as great as people seem to think we are. In fact, the guild I used to be in warred another guild and there was this level 5x cleric in it. So me, my cleric friend, and another mage who was level 6x all went after him. Me and my cleric friend were both level 4x and not even us together with that mage could bring the cleric down.

In fact, I don't think we killed him once even with the 6x using Mind Drain. Clerics are incredibly overpowered so I think they really need to be toned down a bit if three people including two mages can't even take one level 5x cleric down. They still need to fix the cool down and damage for our spells. As Triumph said, our highest level spells barely do more damage than our lowest level spells.

Like, Firebolt, right now it says something like 7xx - 8xx damage at level 7 or 8 (don't remember which) but at level 1 it's not even at 100 yet using that level 7/8 one is entirely pointless as the cool down is too long to be effective and the extra damage is so meager it's practically unnoticeable. Maybe a 20 second Fear is too long but only 3-5 seconds is too short even if you empower it.

10 seconds, unempowered, would be nice like others have said. Anything more or less is either underpowered or overpowered. And archers really have no room to talk. They're insane and if i'm not mistaken, they're still the true mage killers of the game but now...so are fighters and clerics.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't mean to necro it. D: