View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I didn't watch it and I don't need to. Having already faced a situation where I had to go through abortion counseling because I was carrying a baby who was so genetically challenged that if she made it to birth she would have been in constant pain for the few hours she lived (the doctors advised that based on her problems she would never live more than a few hours outside the womb) I know the process, pictures and more detail than I ever cared to know.

In my case we had to decide whether to carry her to birth or abort. For me, I feel that God took that burden off me by stopping her heart before my return visit to the doctor the next week (and for those who do not believe in God, please keep that argument out of this as this is a discussion on abortion not religion, I only mention that God took that burden because I have my faith & my faith helped me through that difficult period of my life, thank you). But I digress - back to: based on the issues, based on the fact that this pregnancy followed four miscarriages during the 2 years prior, which was weighing heavy on the whole family, and based on the fact that she would have absolutely no quality of life if she even made it to birth, we felt abortion was going to be the best option. But as I said, God took that out of our hands before we went back to the doctor.

I will state, for the record, that prior to that pregnancy and the issues we faced with her disabilities I was firm on my stand that abortion was not acceptable for any reason. Once I was faced with my situation I better understood that unless you are walking in that woman's shoes, you have no idea whether abortion is right or wrong for her.

I still my no means think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. But I do believe every situation is different and the decision should be between the parent/s (read that "woman" in cases where the person who fathered the child is a rapist or pedophile, etc.) and their conscience.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Lady-Loki is offline   Reply With Quote