Thread: Portal
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Wooo! Portal. I loved Portal and I'm proud to say I beat it with no help and no walkthroughs. I thought it was pretty challenging, but not difficult to the point of irritation. I've already sung it's praises once on here, I think that's the thread Blaah was referencing.

GlaDOS (the computer voice talking to you throughout the game) is the best video game character in years. It was all a perfect blend of humor, puzzles and action, but the humor is what made the game great for me and that was all GlaDOS. Her ending song is priceless.

It's a shame it was so short, but it was a nice surprise. I mostly just wanted to play Episode 2, (which I still haven't done) and I was totally taken by surprise with Portal's unique awesomeness. Seriously, Valve needs to just drop whatever else they're doing, even Episode 3, and focus on a full on sequel to Portal.

P.S. The cake is a lie...

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE