View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
[short story] The fateful night

Note: Something I wrote back in high school. It's nothing spectacular. Just a sudden burst of inspiration and the careless use of language that is imperfect. It's a romantic story. Action lovers may find it boring. =]

Prologue:

I have always wanted a story of my own. The idea of an intelligent conversation between two people of charismatic and impelling characters conceptualized as early as 2005. It failed to materialize then, however, as the first attempt was thwarted by my declining interest in the work itself – and also, my English needed some more refinement. In 2006, the dormant passion reawakened and claimed its rightful existence. This time, I was determined to translate my thoughts into words, to pay the debt of innate passion which I had neglected. The result is what you are about to see in the next pages.

On my other note, political excitation is sociological hazard – it serves nothing but chaos, brings everything but redemption. Which is why I shall refrain from installing the mechanics of politics in the characters’ speeches and will solely endow their words with ethical associations, and perhaps, with a view on societal conduct. It is inevitable that opinionative remarks in this composition will levitate controversies – in such cases, please keep in mind that literature is purposefully polemical.

lamchopz

-------------------------------------------------