View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
In my English class last year as one of our strategies for learning good argument formation and presentation, we discussed how women are statistically worse at math and science than men.

After the discussion our teacher gave us an article about women being statistically worse at said subjects, written by a woman. The woman in the article as well talks about her battle accepting it. She had always been told it was harder for women in her degree. She didn't believe it and wanted to prove them wrong and began to work her ass off to beat the top in her class. And yeah, she didn't achieve her goal. In the end, she came to terms with herself and accepted that yeah, women were statistically worse at math and science. It didn't mean she was bad at math or science, it just meant that there were less women who had made it in her major, and there were people who were better at it and they were likely men.

I'm fine with men being better at some stuff than women, and vice versa. We're built differently, physically and mentally and we both endure and pull off stuff the other gender couldn't imagine. But there are a few exceptions to the rules and I think like Hessah said, feminism is to protect those people.

Men aren't exempt to the social stigma and discrimination and humiliation for feminine jobs as well. Most of the time they're deemed homosexual or wimpy.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote