View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
kklathan8613
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: S0rrowsong
Server: Legel
kklathan8613 is on a distinguished road
Women's equality means different things to different people. Personally I think that the race/gender/disability card is a dead horse: its dead, everyone knows its dead, but most of us still love to beat it.

For example consider the following:
In construction, traditionally a male dominated profession, men and women are in most cases paid the same wage. But. In a 2006 study * I think it was California University * found some interesting trends:
In terms of # of rows of bricks laid per day, male masons complete on average 19% more then female masons.
In terms of lifting and carrying, males move an average amount of 35pds per load, females move an average of 17pds per load.
In terms of length of breaks, males on average took 1 less break per day and each break lasted an average of 6 minutes less then females.

There were other points, but these are the ones that stood out in my mind. And of course there are always exceptions, but this was the general trend. Now If I owned a construction company and was looking for workers, I would hire the best person for the job, which according to the numbers is, most of the time, a male. Gender be damned.
Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, looking at the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. I'm on a chair.
kklathan8613 is offline   Reply With Quote