Thread: Crime.. hmmm..
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:38 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
This is a few day late... I should really surf on here a bit more often..

I think I went through a phase like this, where I'm suddenly more aware of the horrible things that goes on around this world. I personally think it's just that we're older now, being in the adult world, we notice news about these things more. I used to think "surely these didn't happen 10-15 years ago, what's happening to our world!" but then it's probably just that 10-15 years ago I never watched the news.

Here in Aust there's been lots of campaign in domestic violence in the last year or two and it's through these campaigns that I realise how often it happens. You start off by questioning "why don't the women just leave?" but then you learn about how hard it is to just leave when often the violent partner has been limiting them access to money and communication, or they stalk, or they left but partner finds them and worst of all kills them.

I joined a FB mums group, and I'm amazed at how a community like that can help each other out. People know other people that just ran away from a violent partner with children and has nothing, and lots of people are willing to donate spare bits and pieces to help others.

I don't think I've noticed much of a rise in crimes in my circle of information, but have definitely noticed a lot more people living under the poverty line, also notice the lack of funding in mental health supports, if these people with mental health does not get the support they need, I presume that's mostly where crime happens (esp the ones you've mentioned).

We can all do a little bit to help, volunteer your time to a local community organisation, I've done simple things like donate sanitary pads to homeless women, or even just simply look out for people around you, we have a thing called "Are you OK day" that focus on just checking on your friends to see if they're OK as often people with issues bothering them does not show it. Maybe check out other depression type charities and see how one can help. Helping at a charity is probably the best way to understand what other people go through.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote