View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Nicki, Taylor, and Kanye.

Miley has been on this "Look at me I'm such a rebel" phase and she has done and said some insensitive stuff as of late (and in the past). This is after Nicki used the nominations to push the point that the media does not celebrate women of color and various body types. Taylor then mistook Nicki's comment and thought Nicki was passive aggressively making remarks about her video (which incidentally has a lot of tall and skinny women), and responded in a non-aggressive way. But she still missed Nicki's point. Nicki corrected her and they made up, resulting in their collaboration.

But then Miley who has a history of saying insensitive things toward race, for shits and giggles, made fun of Nicki's body. Nicki's body is always getting criticized as many believe she got plastic surgery to get her curves. And whether it's true or not she's sick of people focusing on her body.

And Nicki called Miley out on it when she went on stage. Nicki and Taylor still do not have any beef. They both won awards that night. They both deserve the awards they received and then some. They're two different women, of different demographics, and two different styles. Can't be compared. And I think that's kind of Kanye's point in his speech. Why pit all of these musicians against each other and force perfectly good artists to sit and get judged and watch the flavor of the month get the award?

Nicki, Taylor, and Kanye are all talented artists and have their own style. And I'm getting tired of people pitting celebrities against each other. Nicki and Taylor were never having a fight. Both confirmed that soon after the exchange on Twitter, Taylor called Nicki and apologized and talked it out with her. Taylor and Kanye have also made up since then and if I recall, Taylor nor Kanye ever felt any sort of negativity toward each other. Just because Nicki didn't win as many awards it doesn't mean Taylor isn't deserving of them. It doesn't mean Taylor is better than her. And it doesn't mean Nicki, Kanye, or Taylor feel any animosity toward each other.

But screw Miley. She's been disrespectful.

Last edited by Yosei; 09-01-2015 at 07:30 PM..
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote