Thread: My 2 : 1 Mage
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
There always seemed to be a lot of posts about this issue, and I think that is great because it helps people out who dont know all that there is to know about builds. My thing is I see a lot of "put 25 into SPR and the rest into INT" or "everything into INT".

So, since this issue has been brought up again, I wanted to here from some high level mages on their opinions on those two.....

I am willing to pay for a stat reset and reset a few of my points if I have to. I have put almost everything into INT and just a few into SPR. I am not really worried about getting my SP number really high, I will pot and stone when I need it, which is why I have been putting almost everything into INT.
But, how crucial is the crit. with SPR?
I'd say not much. We naturally do a lot of damage, so crits don't really matter.

I don't know about other mages, but I don't have a 'gasm knowing that I do so much damage, I can steal aggro off of even a good tank.
My current build is 25 into spr and 38(or 37? ^^;; can't remember) into INT. Obviously, I am not pure INT, but dominantly INT. I steal aggro a lot, sometimes it gets so bad, I don't even use aim scrolls, which is a necessity for all who grind in Uruga/AEW/FoS. And at these places(especially FoS), if you're a mage, you don't want to aggro <.< I die a lot now cuz of it. And no, its not the tanks fault, nor the clerics, unless every single tank and cleric I party with are bad.
If you wanna be a solo mage, which really isn't good 30+, especially in your 50s, sure pure INT will be the best build for you. But if you're a party mage, I suggest you balance out your build a little more.