Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by -Leona- View Post
If u duo with a level 30+ mage for example the xp u get from monsters is slightly decreased, i did this recently to help a friend (not plvl) and i didn't benefited much out of that in terms of exp, and i was still rellying on stones to heal.

If i would want to get a fast working group for grinding i would try get a group around my level with 2 or 3 mages level 67+, tank and cleric or another backup fighter or cleric for more safety in party. As far as grinding goes in aoe terms, as many of u already know, and i'm sure patch knows best , the faster u can kill the faster u can level (given the fact that u have a good grinding spot, which in our days is something kinda out of this world). So although is true that before a certain level the party that levels the low level is mutually getting helped in an indirect way by the low level i wouldn't say that the low level is majorly helping the party.
It depends what you kill. If you duo with a level 30 person for example, on any level 75+ mob (Ancient Stonie, Lizard Knight, Elf Knight Soul etc), you get approximately 4% more exp than if you were soloing.

My opinion of the fastest group is either, 1 Fighter, 1 Cleric, 1 Mage plus a level <42 anything, or 2 Clerics, 1 Mage, and a level <42 anything (The mage tanks for AoE, assuming the mage is high level and is not taking extra damage penalty)

The party gets an extra ~15% exp for a level 1 anything, standing around and doing nothing (Aka, if the 3 people would normally get 1000 exp per monster, a 4 person party with a level 1 gets 1150 exp instead.) This slowly drops as the level 1 anything levels, to be +1% at level 42, and nothing past that point.

I do feel that adding exp to the party just by existing is helping the party