View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 AM   #7
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
i dont see anything wrong with the cash shop items...

u can still happily play the game without them... (well.. minus all the bugs and wat-not they've got but that's another story)

they've got PvP ground and GM events and new maps and fixed quest blah blah blah.... that everyone could still benefit without the CS items...

if you compare the stats of a CS player and one that doesnt have CS items.. there'll be difference... but it doesnt affect ur party status or anything... (like u can still party together and its not like the non-CS user cant do anything)

but hey life's never fair... it's not like those ppl got it for free anyway... so i dont really see any problems...

I see you've been no victim to the ability discrimination now.

Mages see this frequently, the ones who have inferno are accepted, and the ones without become second choice. The ones without even Frost Nova are pooled together as "rejects."

Its a harsh look at it, but thats how mages are treated in the game at this very moment.

Now lets take a look at everyone. If someone knows you have full [+9] body armour they are more likely to party you over someone the same class, same build, same skill empowerments, and same ability overall.

Taking a look even further, you will eventually see those who wont take a fighter who has no extenders on. The same can be applied to all the other classes as well.

Partying with people you know wont change with the cash shop. But the sad part is when you begin inviting outsiders in, or others begin inviting you out of the blue - you get some interesting problems.

You see the difference between a very short time-limited consumable and a long-term consumable is that a short term one is understood by most people as un-neccessary due to the fact that it has such a short life-span.

But with this month-long duration, the understanding about the cash shop buffs change. Instead of hearing "Did you use an extender?", you will hear "Don't you have an extender?." Simple words change the tone or the implied message.