View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Mujica
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Mujica
Mujica is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mujica Send a message via MSN to Mujica
Build Ideas - Post them here.

Hi, my names Mujica, im new to this game but i hope to be seeing most of you in Cb2. I've chosen to roll an archer and after reading just about anything and everything thats available im thinking about building it for leveling as a Str/Spr/Dex archer. Feedback would be nice on this build as well as others opinions purely on the subject in one place. As far as stats go, since i haven't actually played the game yet, which accounts for a large part of being able to make a build ahead of time, I can't really say what will really work and what won't but im going for an archer that will basically:

**Target ~> Shoot ~> Weave skills w/ auto shot ( if possible ? ) ~> Have monster dead ~> If targ isn't dead Increase speed ( Have yet to work this out, in most games you usually have some kind've skill or item, however i have head about some kind've speed scrolls? ) to gain some room ~> Repeat**

In simple terms, kite the monster around with a soffisticated timing of weaving skill shots in with your auto shot if they're on 2 different timers based on your weapons speed in order to increase your damage enough to the point where the target should almost ALWAYS be dead by the time it gets to you, and from what i've seen how the stats i've picked out effect archers ( Str/Spr/Dex ) The REG dmg ( Non-crits ) will be the filler dmg doing a good chunk of the work ( Around 40-60%? ), skills would do a good portion but i wish they could do more since ive heard about alot of ppl complaining about sp ( Gonna guess around 20-35% ), while my crits would pickup slack and also overall increase my dmg in both my REG and CRT dmg.

From what i've read so far, Str is the main deciding stat for archer dmg and not dex in this game, therefore you cant simply stack all your points into this one stat ( Somewhat successfuly avoiding the archers pwn everyone in 3 hits roll and need absolutley no brain ). Spr decides how much SP/MP you have as well as how much you crit, although ive also read it dosen't successfuly live up to the ratio of other stats early on so i'd probably get more of that later on as i went and start off by getting my str/dex first and then later on around mid 20's low 30's stacking on the spr, and finally your Dex which just increases your dodge and aim which are both 2 VERY important aspects for any class as a dodge is, as we all know, a 100% dmg reduction for an attack ( In most cases Melee, Magic being resistance. ) and aim being the fact that you have a better chance to hit which means you lose less arrows ( if you carry ammunition, as ive stated before, havent played the game yet, small things like this aren't said and i haven't seen it mentioned, but commen sense tells me that you do have them =3 ) and the fact that when you dont miss your DPS goes up, beacuse lets face it, if you miss, your DPS is 0.

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks ^_^. I hope to be a good part of this games community as i am looking forward to accessing all this games content as fast as possible =p.

- Mujica / Yakooki

I will cut you.