View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
ManaMizer
Hero Slime

ManaMizer will become famous soon enough
A new kinda MMORPG?

Hey here is an idea of an MMORPG, I don't know what you all think of it, but i've seen things like it on muds... (i know most of you are like...what?)
muds text based mmorps, back in the dial up era.

Ok heres the idea. Create a character, Choose a side (Two sides. Empire vs Avalon)
and you have 10 hit points. No classes.
All skills are at 1%, you train by going through a noob camp, that will get you decently proficient in weapons you choose.
Skills include
Medical
Weapons,
Stances
Dodge
Block
Special attacks
Brawling
Blind fighting
Poison
Sniping
And more, (the point im getting at this is geared to realism not magical)

Armour gives you HP and reduces damage, the more it weighs the slower your attacks are.

Each Month there is an all out war between both sides.

But before I get into the war, let me tell you what you do before that.

There are NPC quests, “KQ’s” like this game, and hidden locations. By doing this you gain fame, skills to learn, and unique weapons. The goal is to build out a character for the war.

But noobs get a 30 day grace period.

The WAR

The war would be world wide, the first 3 days of the war is planning where to attack and organizing groups to attack and defend each location. It will be viewable by all players. Generals would lead each location, also based on fame. After day three, all attacks will be initiated through out the day, killing players gain fame, dying kicks you out of the for the war and you loose fame.
People can join the battle at anytime, for that 24 hour period. The side with most kills wins that location to quest and explore for the next month.

You can only join one battle for that month, there will be plenty of pvp while exploring, and you can gain and loose fame, do merc missions.

There will be pvp restrictions based on fame.

Equipment is lost when you die.

Hmmm I know there is more, but that’s the idea so far.. what do you all think?