View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
ViciousEve
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: BuffyTheBuffy
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
ViciousEve is on a distinguished road
Thats some kind of an ethical problem, I guess.

I think what needs to be debated, is how religion is affecting a child.
I dont think that it makes a lot of sense to talk about extremists, because this is a seperate and specified problem concerning religions. I dont know how many creationists are teaching their children that evolution is some kind of a well-structured lie, but in Germany they are quite a few. But I think this is a very extreme form of religion, something extremly old-fashioned and also very ignorant, I guess.

But this has nothing to do with `How to raise your kids and their relationship to religions!´. It is more a problem of stupidity, I think.
In normal families religion can be some kind of protection and something to hold onto, especially for children. When I was a child I was told by my parents, that they do not believe in god. On the other hand my grandmother told me that there is a god, watching and protecting me and I could tell him everything...blabla. Well, everytime I was sad, I knew I could tell someone:god. In fact I never knew what god should be like or whatever.

Contrastly, I am not religious today... not since I was 10 or so. Nevertheless I know, that the only way to choose your religion is to feel it and not to proove it. As an adult you tend to proove everything, as a child you just dont care. Whats wrong with choosing something which doesnt hurt anyone, if you can rethink your choice? I dont see the point...

Of course it would be better not to have religions at all, because ( as you already said) they are causing a lot of trouble.(<---philosophical problem!)
AND there is nothing in this world, I hate more than philosophy:
Just to talk about a problem but never find a solution. So it does not really makes sense to argue about it...we cannot change anyones mind. But we do not have to adapt anyones thoughts either- thats the good point.