View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
And disagree we shall.

Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
When you made a cleric, you should have known what responsibilities come with it. You have to heal, you have to Def/M Def buff, and you have to revive, unless you want your KQ to lose.
I have no responsibility to heal, buff or rez anyone. I do it because I choose to. When I selected the cleric class there was no pop-up that stated that in order for me to create a cleric had had to agree to this and own this as my responsibility. It is a service I have the ability to bestow upon others but I am not in any way obligated to provide these services at the cost of my pots and stones.

That said, I will and do heal and rez when I can, and when I have the hp/sp buff I will buff people who ask nicely or who I choose to randomly buff.

I think people have every right to scream at a cleric who won’t heal, because it’s their responsibility to do so, since no other classes can.

It annoys me how clerics get all mad about this. People have as much right as they want to get pissed if the tank dies multiple times due to lack of heals.

No they don’t. No one has the right to scream at me – for anything. If you scream at me or demand that I heal or rez you then you have a lesser chance of me healing or rezzing you. Do not scream at me and do not demand that I stop protecting myself or whoever I may be protecting just to use my pots and stones to heal you while you stockpile all your pots and stones.

It annoys me how clerics get all mad about this. People have as much right as they want to get pissed if the tank dies multiple times due to lack of heals.
The tank has the right to use stones and pots or not. If they choose not to and “expect” the clerics to spam heal on them then they chose to take the risk and that choice resulted in their death.

I have been in too many KQ’s on all of the classes. When I take my tank in I use pots and stones and I am grateful to any cleric who bestows heals on me, but never, let me repeat, never have I demanded heals or rez. I have had my tank die many times because I could not spam stones and pots fast enough. And even then I did not blame the cleric nor did I call them names because of it.

I do not consider that my tank is the almighty and MUST be healed non-stop and I do not consider that my cleric is anybody’s personal fountain of heal.

As I said at the very beginning: And disagree we shall.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere