View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
Woland
Mushroom

Woland is on a distinguished road

you should remember that you get some critical attack probability from your equipment and SPR status points that you get automoticly. I am talking only about usefulness of SPR points that you allocate yourself. Besides, note that you should do critical attacks without SPR too and people may have biased opinion because when they have SPR everytime they see big numbers pop up they think that's because of their SPR which is not entirely true.
(if the sources that I was basing this observations on are true.)

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Int/Str is useful because it is applied after the monster's Def. modifier,
but crits also become more important late-game with the mobs increasing overall defense and high HP. Despite the stats page telling me I should be critting about 15/100 times I hit, I seem to crit a helluva lot more.

it seems that you're saying that crit ignores defence, is it really true?

P.S. I think I missed monster's defence, it should make some difference because if a critical hit is a double attack then the "second" part of it isn't affected by the defence of the monster, hence you may need to make less damage to make SPR more efficient than STR. Although I don't think it would make a difference bigger than 50 points of damage (don't know how defence works in Fiesta, so these are speculations.)