View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
noleprincess
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Mystaa, Nevayah, Rhinnoa, Kalleigha
Current Level: 30, 20, 20, 20
Server: Teva
noleprincess is on a distinguished road
Well, I don't know if this will help or not but I am on a laptop too and have only been playing a couple weeks but from day one, the enter key will not open chat for me at all. I have tried everything to fix it by working with customer support and reading through all the FAQ's with finally the only thing able to do is change the shortcut key (as the CS ppl were stumped too thinking it could be something with the makers of the laptop, which is an Acer Aspire). So in order to be able to chat at all I have changed the chat function key from enter to the slash key (/). It has taken some time but have finally started getting use to it. The only other issue is that with some characters, when I push the / key to pull up chat, I have to hit backspace because the slash is still there...on other characters, I hit slash to start talking and it is not there, which is weird but I am gonna leave well enough alone. It is fixed enough that I can play. Now I don't know if changing the shortcut key will help for future problems or not but it did with me and I, like you could not pull up chat at all. I lost quite a bit of help and information from helpful people in the beginning because they thought I was ignoring them or being rude when it was simply that my chat function was not working properly. Good luck with this problem, I hope you get it resolved soon