View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
Allissa
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Allissa
Current Level: HUH?
Server: Teva
Allissa is on a distinguished road
Here are my views on the whole thing. While I am still pretty much a noob myself (highest character is only level 28), and I have not seen the bigger KQs yet, I have seen a ton of the slime, mara, and GH KQs.

Joining a KQ in and of itself is not a selfish act. Dont care what level you are. This game is supposed to be a fun way to be social. While I do admit that level does play a lot in the success, it is not the only factor, and I will also admit that I have a lot more fun when we win the KQs.

I do however have to admit that I have had an absolute blast in a KQ that we lost. I was at level 15 with my fighter, highest fighter in the KQ by oh I dont know about 8 levels :P, and we only had 1 cleric that was like level 7 as well. Long story short, we made it all the way to the end, killed the king, but only had 3 people left including myself, and died to the rest. It was my last life, and the clerics last life. Needless to say, we failed. But the fact that we got as far as we did, and killed the king, when everything was stacked against us really surprised me. I honestly remember that I was the only person above level 11 in that one. Enough of the fun aspect, on to the winning aspect.

I want to argue one point. I did a GH the other day with 3 other warriors, I was level 27 all 3 of the others were over level 30. I ended up tanking and did a wonderful job. So the whole thing about higher levels always tanking doesnt always apply. Only real true argument I had to make.

As far as greed. I dont feel that someone that is level 5 or 6 joining slime is greedy, unless they sit back at the spawn and just want the free 5 levels and chest. That is greedy. Just like I dont think someone joining mara at 17 is greedy, again unless they sit at the spawn point. What I think is truely greedy are the 4 people that we had in one mara KQ that didnt have any armor or weapons.....wtf is that? And their response "Oh I broke it right before KQ"....so ummmm brains people, buy another one? Or better yet, just dont join. People like that on top of people that sit at the spawn point are the epidemy of greed. They joined the KQ with no gear or weapon in hopes of something decent dropping out of their chest.

anyways I am really starting to ramble, and my entire sentence structure is screwed by now. LOL. hope I didnt upset anyone but this is just the way I feel about it. I attempt to join every KQ I can because I have an absolute blast in them. I came from a very big raid/pvp guild in WoW, and before that I was in one of the strongest raid guilds in EQ. I enjoy getting together with loads of other people and just walking over top of an entire city ....carrnage...get some....its fun... I have been in some really bad KQs that we somehow won, and I have been in a few that were an absolute blast that we lost.

Oh crap I did have one more point to bring up. This happened just the other day in GH. We ended up finding the last key about 45 seconds before time was up. On the other side of the map completely from the gate. Needless to say we failed. 5 or 6 people started yelling about the whole KQ being noobs and thanks for wasting their ******* time. Ok cool, well it would have been....if those 5 or 6 people, plus 3 others hadnt been sitting at the final gate while doing absolutely nothing while the rest of us were out trying to find the key. No wonder we didnt win...People do your part, be a team, help out the lower guys, and dont be asses and all will be good. Another perfect example of good team work no matter what levels. Fighter, I was level 21 at the time, tanked mara, 1 cleric, 2 mages, 2 archers, 10 fighters, the highest levels other than me were the cleric and the mages, all 3 were around 24 iirc. we walked through, blasted our way to the end, killed mara and marlone in 2 beautiful pulls with me tanking. and still had about 25 minutes to spare. Now I know thats not the fastest, I completed it at level 25 with 34 minutes to spare, but look at the odds and the numbers. It was pretty amazing, no one even thought we would come close. That just backs up the brains over numbers statement thats all. Ok seriously sorry this is so long.