View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #67
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FlameofFire View Post
i am surprised there were guys who actually calculated all this out but it is interesting to see mage crit stats, makes us more sure of where to place our stats, however I have tried most builds, from pure int to pure int+25spr
at from the looks of it the latter seems like a better combi, sure dmg is good with pure int, the added 25spr in the latter combi helps with crits which would make dmg alot better too, but it is just my opinion anyways
How can you not expected an educated analysis from the self proclaimed wiki god?

Anyway, statistics tell a long story; mages are rarely long stories in PvP. In short, though wise it may be to follow the statistically beneficial route in PvM, critical hits add some unpredicability in a mage's damage output in PvP - and since you can't take down an opponent with just consistent damage seeing how the other classes have more HP than yourself, some added surprise is useful. The added 25 SPR do not really make damage a lot better, but it will at times work in your favour.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."