View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Its a whole chain of things. It'd take a lot to explain.

But thats the mentality I'm talking about... I earned the money, so I should spend it.

My rant is more towards the people who do spend money because they have it, and will use good chunks of their money on whats basically... pointlessly expensive items. Such as the iphone and ipod (well the ipods not as bad, but the newer ones are pricey).

This rant wasn't directly at apple... its just an example.

My friend got his first credit card a few years ago. He went hog wild with it, didn't budget, didn't pay attention to his spending. He was the one with the job, he was the one with the money, he was the one with the credit card. He's do stuff for us, such as buying us little things here and there, picking up the bill at restaurants. He soon was $400 in debt. A lot for his age.

My mom got a $130 check this week as compensation for her foot. Does that mean she wants to spend it? She earned it... she deserves the money. Doesn't mean she's going to spend it? No. She could. She needs a new vacuum and could've used it to get professional hand-made shoes specifically for her feet.

But its not just about being able to spend the money. Its ridiculous standards. Why would someone want to spend so much on an item? That's like buying a $200 pair of pants when there's a $30 pair of pants next to it, they look the same, one just looks a little fancier and is by a bigger brand name.