View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bernard20 View Post
If you avoid putting points into END at all doesn't that make you too squishy to be supportive in KQ's? If the tank gets stunned or loses aggro another way and you get mobbed, you are guaranteed to die and thus lose all buffs and scrolls while putting your whole party at risk.
Assume the cleric in question is level 60.

60 END would yield the following:

+300 HP
+55 defense
+5.5% block rate

I believe a level 60 cleric has around 1.7k HP and 800 defense with no END equipment and full END, no +9s and a shield. This I cannot remember, as it's simply been too long since I was last in-game.

You can counter the loss of HP with END equipment; a full set of +0 maximum END attributes will yield a bonus of +870 HP and +174 defense, putting your total stats at:

Pure STR: 2270 HP, 914 defense.
Pure END: 2570 HP, 969 defense.

With all +9s, Endure, T3 Vitality, T3 Defense, rings, earrings, and extenders, you have:

Pure STR: 5105 HP, 1459 defense.
Pure END: 5555 HP, 1514 defense.

Whereas you are lacking in both HP and defense with a pure STR build, in Ancient Elven Woods you would only be able to take an extra two hits or so. The major difference is only HP, the 50 or so difference in defense is negligible.

Last edited by Triumph; 03-03-2009 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Earrings and Ring Analysis.