View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 04:45 AM   #39
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Okay, I don't wanna sound like a broken record but how come unregistered users are actually allowed to edit the wiki?

I think this is why.

Originally Posted by Destrus View Post
they decided not to make people register to edit the wiki a long time ago because there were unregistered users really adding stuff to it and someone registered just to say they shouldn't...

here's the thread where it was mentioned before:
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/show...?t=2311&page=2

but then...

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
You'll be surprised how having to register deters opportunistic mass spammers. Registering doesn't take a lot of effort if you do want to contribute. Cynical as I am, I should also point out that most people who register output contribution that are both higher in quantity and quality.

The best way to iron out such spam is to require random image verification for inclusion of external links, but I have been told that this would not be implemented. The next best way is to place a global ban on the creation of new pages by unregistered users. This is not something soft admins can do. I don't have the time to click through all those new pages created this time.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote