View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #17
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Before I post, I'll say yes I'm watching it, I'm at 17:21.

The reasons I am against doing drugs, and yes, I do consider marijuana a drug, is because:

1. Its illegal. So what if people want it legal? Obviously the government isn't changing their mind anytime soon. If its illegal... its illegal. Its just a plant, a plant that does effect people in idiotic ways. Go smoke an apple, go smoke a cigarette. Why would you want to risk getting arrested for something so little?

If your record is screwed up and you can't get a job because you wanted to get high... well good for you.

2. What I've experienced.

I am not a sheltered little girl whose going by the media.

I lived in a city where drugs were a common thing. I could tell anyone where they could get drugs, even as someone whose never done them.

I have friends who started with marijuana and got inspired to try new things. Why? Because they got high from it, and they wanted to see how the others would make them feel. Some stuck with pot, some did a number of things. But they all had the same retarded traits that I see in most potheads I've met. No, it probably isn't permanent, no it probably isn't going to physically harm them, but it does make them idiotic in many ways.

My sister smoked pot all throughout her teens to the time she went to prison (shes 28 now). Her house often reeked of it. And yes, she got into other drugs, such as acid, heroin, and crack. Yes, she got addicted. Yes... she screwed up my life, hers, and our families. She's almost gotten killed 3 times over this stuff. She's tried to convince me to go buy stuff for her from dealers she owed. She neglected her children and lost them. I've had people tell me that it takes moderation, she got addicted, there are ways to not get addicted, but who the hell does drugs to get addicted? No one.

My point being is that it is not worth it in the long run and with the risks that come with it.

Trying it or doing it once in a blue moon is fine by me, or for medical purposes, okay, but if you're smoking it like you drink your coffee or its almost the only way you can enjoy yourself and have a good time... thats different. I am the same with alcohol before anyone starts thinking I'm being judgemental towards just marijuana.

I do not need a chemical or something illegal to relax or have a good time.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-26-2009 at 04:13 AM..