Thread: Nasty spammers
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 AM   #6
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
You'll be surprised how having to register deters opportunistic mass spammers. Registering doesn't take a lot of effort if you do want to contribute. Cynical as I am, I should also point out that most people who register output contribution that are both higher in quantity and quality.

The best way to iron out such spam is to require random image verification for inclusion of external links, but I have been told that this would not be implemented. The next best way is to place a global ban on the creation of new pages by unregistered users. This is not something soft admins can do. I don't have the time to click through all those new pages created this time.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."