View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
If you have to, then INT before SPR.
I will elaborate on Triumph's first line.

+INT from freestat gives you, in PvM situations, 1 extra damage per point placed. The initial 25 of +SPR from freestat gives you, in total, 5% additional critical rate.

As you can infer from it, which build you pick depends on the trade off between higher consistent damage, and unpredictable but probable critical damages (criticals do double the damage).

Calculations based on average damage shows that if your damage is significantly less than 600 on average, then you should stick to pure INT build for higher damage output. If your damage is between 600 ~1200 (approximate~), then the difference between the two builds is small, and the hybrid is advantageous for its critical rate bonus (which is useful in PvP). Last but not least, if your average damage exceeds 1300, then the pure SPR build will have greater damage output.

Now, from my experience with combat situations with monsters of the same level as my mage, damage seems to flatten out in the lv 7x. Now it seems I'm hitting monsters for less than before. 600 is rather far away.

I recommend full INT. (The M. Def. from 25 SPR won't help you by a lot in PvP either)

If you have to, then INT before SPR.

Also, 1 point into cooldown for Magic Missle gets rid of the delay when you sandwich it.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."

Last edited by Icy; 09-05-2008 at 11:57 PM..