View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
It's really mincing words.

Fiesta is still in Open Beta because Outspark says it is in Open Beta.

I like Wikipedia's excerpt on this:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In February 2005, ZDNet published an article about the recent phenomenon of a beta version often staying for years and being used as if it were in production-level. It noted that Gmail and Google News, for example, had been in beta for a long period of time and were not expected to drop the beta status despite the fact that they were widely used; however, Google News did leave beta in January 2006. This technique may also allow a developer to delay offering full support and/or responsibility for remaining issues. In the context of Web 2.0, people even talk of perpetual betas to signify that some software is meant to stay in beta state. Also, "beta" is sometimes used to indicate something more like a release candidate such as the Halo 3 public beta.
The term open beta isn't defined. And I don't think Outspark has ever said full release.

I just realized I might have voted for the wrong one. Can't remember now. >_<