View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
I'd say go pure END. It raises your defense, HP and block rate. I'm a full END fighter of level 21 and I'm still leveling alone at this point, but surely later on you will need a party and you will be the human meat shield (to use someone elses words :P). And I must say tanking is fun. I was doing a KQ (Mara) and somehow ended up with the same guy on it as I did in my last slime one (in which I tanked) and he told everyone I should be the tank. In the end, someone else had slightly more HP (due to no scroll on my side) so he ended up tanking, but it gave me a good feeling.

So yeah, pure END is what I suggest.

On the how do you tank question:

It's not that hard. I've never had a tank character before (I've played other MMORPGS) so I didn't really know either. I'm gonna tell you aout my experiences for KQ, since I've only tanked there yet. Usually you're with a few fighters and they walk in front of the rest. They lure the mobs to attack them by either attacking them first, or taunting them with snear kick. You keep them away from the other classes, most fighters will hold their own against them (except the low lvl ones). So if a mob is chasing an Archer, Mage or Cleric (especially the first two) make sure you pull them away with a snear kick asap, as you can stand their attacks, they can't. Clerics will heal you (if they do their job right).

As for the bosses. The party picks one Fighter (usually Fighter, can occassionaly be Cleric) who has the highest defense and HP. They will keep taunting the boss mob (spam snear kick) so they will be the only ones attacked, while being healed by Clerics. This ensures the others will be safe (if you do your job right, it can always go wrong) and it makes Healing for the Clerics a lot easier.

I hope it's clear for you now, if you have any other questions, or don't understand something just lemme (or someone else :P) know.

Last edited by Yami; 09-11-2007 at 03:17 PM..