Thread: Swearing
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #17
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I spoke with my 13 yr old granddaughter yesterday and found she was grounded. No Internet, no cell phone, no text messaging - for an indeterminate length of time.

She wouldn't tell me why, but since I needed to speak to her mom to see if she could go to the movies with us tomorrow I was able to get the answer - her mom saw her text messages with a friend where they both used the F word and even though she tried to defend herself with "Everybody says it! It's no worse than any other cuss word!" her mother informed her she didn't care what the rest of the kids did that she made the rules for this particular kid.

Yes, kids will and do see it, but when it is used as casually and as often as it is then kids tend to forget it is not acceptable, they let down their guard and they get busted my mom and grounded for an indeterminate length of time.

I feel bad for her being grounded like this during summer break, but she needs to understand it is still not a mainstream conversation word, regardless of how often she see it used or sees it on the Internet.

Bottom line is that on this forum we do have some younger members who we do not want grounded if their mom walked in and saw your post.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere