View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
Trust me the shield makes a difference in later levels, most of the level 46 + fighters in our guild had to switch to 1h for the extra def against the final boss in the mini dragon KQ just so we would have enough people keeping the monster aggro away from the ranged and healers. Mini dragon in the kq uses fear so more than 1 tank is needed.
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Remember the shield is usually about the same amount of defense as your CHEST PLATE. Thats ALOT of defense.

Shields though IMO are mainly just for PVE.
1 handed swords will be worthless against clerics and will do low damage to high armored characters like fighters.
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
I'll add a bit more on 1h since i pvped sasuke (uses 2h sword) on the last day of cb2.

1h definitely beats 2h in pvp damage wise. I was out damaging sasuke by quite a bit even with the shield. There was only 1 level between us so i don't think that would make much difference.

Not sure how the damage would have been vs a 2h axe wielder but i was outdamaging him, attacking faster and blocking so even though tequila was there as well if we'd had equal potions and stones i would have most likely won.

I definitely think the dev's need to look at 2h swords and improve them.

Adding abit more understanding here UchihaSasuke is 58 and AndyB is 59 in this fight
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
I have to see this in action.
Judging from just an experiencial standpoint 1handed sword damage is already extremely poor. They are increasingly ineffective against clerics and warrirors due to thier high def.

Axes on the other hand while they are slower, have very high damage and crit rates. 1 skill power hit crit and can pretty much know almost all of the hp of mages and archers of similar levels.

There is NO DELAY between skills. Allowing skill spamming between the axe and the 1handed sword to come at the SAME speed. You'll attack the same speed while dealing more damage with higher chance to crit
Some of the more higher levels opinions.

(copy/pasted from different topic)