View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Haha wow, poor yos D:. First and foremost, don't update your firmware. I've heard doing so will turn your WGT 624 into a brick with a power supply.

Well anyway I'll help you as much as I can with changing the channel. You'll have to access your router directly. Your router has its' own IP address which you can access to change settings and tweak the router itself.

192.168.0.1 < This is the IP address for your router, enter it into your internet explorer/firefox. It'll take you to the router settings. Look around for channel changing settings (I'm afraid I can't be detaild as I don't own the router itself, every router has a custom interface). This will change the frequency on which your Router sends signal information. The reason I suggest changing it is because it sounds like your default channel is having conflicts with the appliances in your house or your neighbours' routers.
What channel should you change it to? I'm not sure, this is something you're going to have to fiddle with. I promise no risk to your router in doing so however. You can still access your router despite being disconnected from the internet.

That also brings me to a question to you. What is the nature of your disconnections? Are you disconnected from the internet, but not from the router itself? i.e. The wireless icon in your system tray does not have a big red x next to it, and still shows connection, but you can't access websites and your msn disconnects you. Or the icon is has a red x next to it?

I'm also gonna need your OS, otherwise some of the things I have to tell you will be redundant (as all my experience is on the XP platform).

If the channel switching doesn't quite work, I recommend returning the WGT624 and buying a Belkin. They're the most reliable router providers in my opinion. But I hope the channels suggestion works, as I wouldn't want you going back to the shop inconveniently.

Last edited by Dynamics; 06-23-2008 at 05:41 AM..
Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote