Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archer (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   archers underpowered? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789)

Vexx 10-08-2007 04:52 AM

archers underpowered?

I have a lvl 16 archer and I'm doing fine, but seeing all the other classes fight, I see warriors or clerics tanking a whole KQ with only 2-3 heal requests, or mages that have unbelievable damage with spells. I feel neglected by the devs. But I think that will all change when Fiesta gets out of Beta.

O-mie 10-08-2007 05:03 AM

Archers are most definitely not underpowered.

Warriors and clerics are generally more defensive and have shields, which give a lot of defense extra. Mages are good nukers, but archers can deal A LOT of damage and are more hardy than mages.

Mine is almost 37, and I was tanking things in collapsed prison with one cleric with no problem. Archers are not supposed to tank, they are supposed to be a DPS (damage per second) and they make good pullers of bosses too, since they have nature's protection.

In KQ, the bosses would often lose hate on the tank and come after me all the time, and that's because I out-damaged even the mages in the group. So if you want a tank, make a full end warrior =3

Vexx 10-08-2007 05:15 AM

meh, but it might just be me because I have a wierd build of lots of str and dex with only 1+ in Spr. But I think they could atleast give archers some tanking ability besides natures protection for groups and the AOE skills

O-mie 10-08-2007 05:39 AM

Then its your build. o_o I've never had a problem with my archer. :x I'm a bit of a hybrid - 15 end, 10 str and going for 25 spr now, then not sure what stat to pump. I shouldn't have put the 10 in str though, haha

Loveless 10-08-2007 06:40 AM

I have to agree... I'm re-making an archer in Apoline with a full SPR build for now and I'm pulling aggro all the time. Back in Teva with my Archer it was the same... I had the 25 SPR build and if I spam skills I'd have to run for my life (until I got Nature's Protection).

O-mie 10-09-2007 05:29 PM

I don't think pure anything is a good build, unless you're a fighter wanting to be an awesome tank going pure end or something. It seems like a little, but the 15 end I have on my archer has helped me A LOT. In CB I was spr and str, and I would go through a lot of pots and struggle to level because I got the crap beat out of me. XD;

+Tequila+ 10-09-2007 06:55 PM

pure Spr is pretty pointless since the crit bonus from it caps out around 25...an archer are NOT an I repeat NOT pure dmg classes. Archers are meant to use D.O.T skills to achieve dmg. Mages are dmg classes and Fighters are dmg classes. The only way for you to outdmg them is by usin your D.O.T an archer will never reg-hit or more then a mage or fighter however.

Valentines 10-09-2007 07:46 PM

Actually that 10 str is pretty handy O-mie.

Believe it or not.

Although I seriously hated SPR.

Grudger 10-11-2007 04:16 PM

I got 31 in str and 20 or 21 in end with two +11 spr rings. Awesome I know :) Archer. can tank with scrolls and without but better with them and I maxed out Power and aimed shot plus arrow rain in damage. also have some SP consumption in power and aimed shot so it won't run my sp dry fast. I hate pulling aggro but I do it alot but natures protection comes in handy then

O-mie 10-11-2007 04:21 PM

I'm still deciding what I want to do once I get spr to 25. I mean, I love my evasion rate even though I haven't even TOUCHED dex yet - but its like, I level on monsters a lot higher than me so even with high evasion they hit me. HRM.... We shall see. Maybe I'll flip a coin. XD