Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   All the Rage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   make up your minds! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11489)

Yosei 07-29-2008 07:18 AM

make up your minds!

Seems like ALL fighters nowadays build up to be DDs. I must say... if you wanna be a DD...

Mage and archer! They're quite nice! Look into them.

I have yet to party with a good tank on my cleric (other than Targon who helps me with quests).

Even if you don't plan on tanking, its still nice to learn how to use mock and tank...

You can be a full STR cleric with a +9 hammer with capped STR on it... but you're still going to be expected to heal. Fact is you can heal... and you don't do as much damage as the others.

You can be a mage with full END, a +0 but capped end staff... you're still going to be expected to just be a DD. Fact is you do alot of damage... and you're still the squishiest.

So why do fighters try not to be a tank? Do they wanna do damage but not be squishy? Because END build archers seem nice...

I was partied with two fighters today on my cleric... neither of them would mock. I ended up tanking most of the time.

Hessah 07-29-2008 07:25 AM

My observation is... a lot of fighters are AFRAID to tank...

they're scared that mock will cause too much attention to them, and doesnt use it as often as they should...

Kev was lvl 64, and in Spider KQ, when the robbers spawned, and they were hitting our archers/mage, he wasnt mocking...

Reason:
1) he still consider himself as "low level"...
2) If he mocks and all 4 robbers turn to him, he dies. (they hit pretty hard and he's all +0)
3) He doesnt see how much hard the mobs are hitting other classes, as he's a fighter, he's often too busy spamming his skills than to check on other ppl's HP (that's a cleric's job generally)

But I know he's got a lot of HP, and i'm confident I can heal him, so i told him to mock where he can, but try not get all 4 at the same time (LOL! Testing his skills)

Now he knows that he can tank them, and has been tanking a lot more...

Loveless 07-29-2008 07:40 AM

I. Love. Mock. And of course Deva. Since you can run and Mock... you'll see me running through mobs in the Abyss Mocking away~

I think around... 65+ I was taking on 4 Robbers at once and the blue spiders. I can also take on GS + babies... even if I have to spam pots/stones. I will NOT let any mob go towards the other classes.

But yeah, I have to agree. There's so many Fighters who should've been Mage/Archer, Clerics who should've been Fighters, or... people who should just quit... riiiight about... NOW.

I think we should have this "what class should you be?" test like in Ragnarok.

Hraesvelg 07-29-2008 07:58 AM

I have a DD fighter because I like to solo. Non-squishy with damage is great. IF I'm tanking and we have a mage/archer, I'll bring along a shield and let them do the damage and slip into a more traditional role.

Ralath 07-29-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 200611)

I think we should have this "what class should you be?" test like in Ragnarok.

Like this?

What Class Should You Be?

(Yes, I know it's stupid. -.- But just take it anyway. For me? :O)

Hraesvelg 07-29-2008 08:49 AM

You linked to the results page.

Ralath 07-29-2008 08:59 AM

DEMN EEEEEEEEET!

D<

*fixed*

What Class SHOULD You Be?

Hessah 07-29-2008 11:54 AM

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

I should be a fighter........ apparently

a.L 07-29-2008 12:39 PM

A stripper.

Wrong quiz? Nah, mage apparently.

Rof 07-29-2008 05:35 PM

i should be a ninja??? :ninja:

is this final fantasy?? lol!!

on topic: you should see how most archers these days are competing to tank in KQs...lol..like i was in GH KQ last night and the archers are competing taking aggro of the robber...

i dunno...its the generation these days...people always want to try something different...