Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, Questions and Feedback (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   30 and 60 second rule (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11477)

Blaaaaaaaah 07-29-2008 03:19 AM

30 and 60 second rule

I'm sure most of us know that if you're posting on the forums, you will need to wait at least 30 seconds before making your next post; and if you are sending private messages, you will have to wait at least 60 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong on this, I don't really remember).

Since I had forgotten to include this in the survey, here is a poll on it. Do you like it, or do you not?

If the majority doesn't like it, the limit will be reduced. However, we will not be removing this completely due to bots.

BEFORE YOU VOTE, PLEASE READ:

Advantage of reducing:
- Basically, just more convenient for the fast posters here.

Disadvantage of reducing:
- Bots will spam us faster. Please note this disadvantage when you vote in the poll. We all know how bots love FiestaFan here, so they can and will be able to spam a lot quicker.

If you have any suggestions relating to this issue, suggest away!

CURRENT POSSIBILITIES

- Make it so that Premium Users get the privilege of no limits.

Thank you.

Dynamics 07-29-2008 03:21 AM

I don't mind how it is.

Edit: Actually yeah might be a good premium privilege.. Most of the fast posters are the premium peoples.

Ralath 07-29-2008 03:21 AM

Is there anyway make this a privilege... like only certain users with "x" number of posts to be able to have this privilege?

Blaaaaaaaah 07-29-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 200390)
Is there anyway make this a privilege... like only certain users with "x" number of posts to be able to have this privilege?

I will ask Entropy on that, I'm not really sure myself.

Edit: Though it should be possible to make certain groups with no limit because I know Super Mods or Admins don't have the limit.

Perhaps, make Premium users with that privilege??

A_Forever 07-29-2008 03:24 AM

PM's are 60secs, ma'am @_@

Blaaaaaaaah 07-29-2008 03:28 AM

Changed.

And it seems like some groups (like event winners) don't have the limit while others does.

Gotta check this out.. @_@"

Esen 07-29-2008 03:28 AM

It doesn't affect me, but I think I rather see it as a premium privilege due to the disadvantages. This way, Liz can be happy too~

We don't/didn't have a limit? o_o

The reason this doesn't affect me because I don't PM or post a lot, especially not in row.

Ralath 07-29-2008 03:30 AM

I... think we still have the 30 second limit. I'm pretty sure. o-o

Yup. We do.

Hessah 07-29-2008 03:31 AM

Seems like I dont have a limit.. (a PM limit that is, I still have a post limit)

but... i'm a premmy, supporter and an event winner, so i dunno which one is giving me the privilege...

It makes sense to have premmy and supporters a no-limit group...

otherwise....

maybe just lower the PM limit to 30 sec as well.... -vote-

Blaaaaaaaah 07-29-2008 03:31 AM

@Ralath: Can you try the pm-ing limit? You can pm me to try it out.