Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   M O S (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fiesta Online Podcast Episode 2 Is Up! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10650)

Mobly 07-09-2008 09:32 PM

Fiesta Online Podcast Episode 2 Is Up!

I know this is kind of a double post, but I figured it was okay since this one is in Mountain of Spam.

I took it a bit longer than planned, and it's mostly further ideas about where to go with the podcat, but I want to get some interactive stuff going, so it's not just me spinning my wheels each week.

Zwivix 07-09-2008 10:25 PM

Maybe we can have people that want to talk about cool stories that they had...People can post questions and then on the podcast "experts" can explain how to do stuff. Just some ideas.

Mobly 07-09-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwivix (Post 184726)
Maybe we can have people that want to talk about cool stories that they had...People can post questions and then on the podcast "experts" can explain how to do stuff. Just some ideas.

That's a great idea:zomg:

Ralath 07-09-2008 11:55 PM

I think this one dragged on a little long. I think the unscripted thing is important because you don't want to sound rehearsed or whatever when you're doing an informal podcast like this one but maybe you should do an outline over what you're going to say... like a really rough draft so you don't have to think about what you're going to say right on the spot. You just hit each point and when you're done, you move on. And when you're done with the list, you end it. And it'll also help the dead air and the backtracks and the freezes.

I think the GM interviews is a great idea. Also, if the player of the month was willing to be interviewed, I think that is a great idea too.

Or you can be like Oprah and invite special people to chat with you once a month or something like she does (did?) with Dr. Phil and these can just be interesting people in the community or like... FatalLace who does the Fiesta Magazine or a GM or.... anybody

Mobly 07-10-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 184791)
I think this one dragged on a little long. I think the unscripted thing is important because you don't want to sound rehearsed or whatever when you're doing an informal podcast like this one but maybe you should do an outline over what you're going to say... like a really rough draft so you don't have to think about what you're going to say right on the spot. You just hit each point and when you're done, you move on. And when you're done with the list, you end it. And it'll also help the dead air and the backtracks and the freezes.

I think the GM interviews is a great idea. Also, if the player of the month was willing to be interviewed, I think that is a great idea too.

Or you can be like Oprah and invite special people to chat with you once a month or something like she does (did?) with Dr. Phil and these can just be interesting people in the community or like... FatalLace who does the Fiesta Magazine or a GM or.... anybody

I agree. It did drag:cries: Sometimes when I try to get things where I think they need to be "organized" I end up doing this:nahnah: Your idea of an outline? Wellll....I kind of had an outline:laugh: So I need to find a nice balance between doing my homework and keeping it unscripted.

I didn't think of the player of the month, that'd be really cool.

I also am just grinding my teeth at how I sound:hulksmash::cries: I need to be a little...ALOT more "lively" and yeah, keep things rolling at a good clip, like you said.