Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cleric (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mace or Hammer. :/ (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10430)

Ownage 07-04-2008 04:42 PM

Mace or Hammer. :/

Lv. 40 is coming excitingly close!!!! (pats self on back) :laugh:

But, I can't decide whether to go with a Hammer or a Mace. :zomg:

Most guides say Hammer for 2x and 3x (which I've been doing) and then Mace until cap. As for now, I am going Mace.

If it helps, the wep I buy will be +5 or +6 and it will be green.

Mace or Hammer? Discuss.

Ivramire 07-04-2008 05:17 PM

Hammer.

Dps is much much more along with the added damage from Bash.

Ownage 07-04-2008 05:43 PM

Anyone got anything else to add?

bloodrops 07-04-2008 08:14 PM

Well I guess it's completely up to you. I've been using hammers since the beginning, but now (lvl.48) I'm using a frail (or a mace :/) because of the good stats...Attack rate is faster, but it does seem to give less damage. But I guess it depends on how much you miss the hits. If you don't miss much, then I guess the damage you will give to a mob would be about the same in total...(If you don't really get what I explained here, I could explain further using simple numbers ^^)

So...my comment is....get whatever you can get :P Why waste time trying to get a particular weapon when you could easily get an as good one? :) Green weapons are pretty good at lvl40's I guess..But I may be wrong XD

ThievingSix 07-04-2008 08:16 PM

Always hammer. The missing aim can be fixed with aim scrolls which are cheap.

srabble031 07-04-2008 10:42 PM

lvl 40 mace looks cool >.>

Belaslav 07-05-2008 02:26 AM

Hammer for the most part, but buy both, cause then you will have the ability to trip and bleed, followed by a bash - decent hit combo.

Ownage 07-05-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodrops (Post 181008)
Well I guess it's completely up to you. I've been using hammers since the beginning, but now (lvl.48) I'm using a frail (or a mace :/) because of the good stats...Attack rate is faster, but it does seem to give less damage. But I guess it depends on how much you miss the hits. If you don't miss much, then I guess the damage you will give to a mob would be about the same in total...(If you don't really get what I explained here, I could explain further using simple numbers ^^)

So...my comment is....get whatever you can get :P Why waste time trying to get a particular weapon when you could easily get an as good one? :) Green weapons are pretty good at lvl40's I guess..But I may be wrong XD

Yes, I fully understand you there. That is why I am leaning more for a Mace!

True, true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThievingSix (Post 181012)
Always hammer. The missing aim can be fixed with aim scrolls which are cheap.

Having one on, every hour I train:
10 hours = about 4 lvls (for me).
25 hours = 10 lvls (for me).
25 x 120 (aim scroll) = 3s.

You are right. Very cheap, indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srabble031 (Post 181051)
lvl 40 mace looks cool >.>

True dat. :uhoh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 181143)
Hammer for the most part, but buy both, cause then you will have the ability to trip and bleed, followed by a bash - decent hit combo.

Good thinkin. :zomg:
Although I can't afford both (cause I want +6).

booyah8876 07-05-2008 07:36 AM

PvP players will always tell you go mace +9 and pure STR cleric. That'll do more dmg than a +9 hammer, pure END build like I am.

I'm not built for PvP, I'm made to grind :3

So if you wanna grind, and be out there... hammer is the way... Aim scrolls are nothing...

if you wanna be all FWOOSH i pwn j00 bish u mien nowwwwwwwwwwww then mace is your best bet ;)

Ownage 07-05-2008 05:04 PM

I can't afford +9, so I guess Hammer it is.