Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   M O S (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Professionals, help! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33780)

Lirange 10-15-2015 06:01 PM

Professionals, help!

What's a different/more professional way to say "sorry" or "my bad" for small mistakes you make. Like if you say something incorrect in an email and send aa corrected email. I don't want to say "Sorry about that, I meant to say...". I think it's okay if you use it sparingly nut I don't want to apologize for small little things like that all the time, so what's something I can say to acknowledge I made an error.

Blaaaaaaaah 10-15-2015 08:07 PM

I just say "apologies, blahblahblah"

tbh I don't think it's a bad thing when you apologise. I think it shows you care more. I hate it when people find ways of saying things without apologising, because it's like they don't want to admit they made an error. Everyone is human.

But that's (my preferred way of) aussie work culture, I dunno if it's different in the US.

Ralath 10-15-2015 08:11 PM

I use "Apologies, blah blah blah" as well. I might have even used "Oops, blah blah blah" before.

I dunno. It depends on the situation. Sometimes I don't even acknowledge the mistake at all like if I forget to attach the document or something, I just send another e-mail that says, "Document attached" or something.

Lirange 10-15-2015 08:23 PM

I guess "apologies" is better than sorry but it seems to formal? I want something in between apologies and sorry.

Blaaaaaaaah 10-15-2015 08:27 PM

oops I did it again.

Hessah 10-15-2015 09:28 PM

"Please disregard the previous email"?

I often used "apologies", I think that's less than sorry already...

Like last time I copy and pasted an email and didn't read it before sending it, so they other person was very confused that I said there's 2 programs while only listing 1...

So I said "Apologies, email below amended" and amend the email to say what it should say...

Or maybe "Correction to the previous email, 'XXX' should say 'YYY'".

Lirange 10-15-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 478001)
oops I did it again.

Oh baby baby.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 478003)
"Please disregard the previous email"?

I often used "apologies", I think that's less than sorry already...

Like last time I copy and pasted an email and didn't read it before sending it, so they other person was very confused that I said there's 2 programs while only listing 1...

So I said "Apologies, email below amended" and amend the email to say what it should say...

Or maybe "Correction to the previous email, 'XXX' should say 'YYY'".

Wow you sound so professional. I think I'll go with apologies but give it a more casual tone.

Ralath 10-16-2015 01:02 AM

Well it's hard to write for you unless you copy and paste the e-mail exchange here.

Vasu 10-16-2015 01:21 AM

I think it depends on context. If it's a small office where most people know each other even an "Oops, there was a small mistake in the previous email, here's the correct version" is fine. For something like an organization-wide email saying sorry or "we apologize for the mistake" is normal.

All in all I don't think "sorry" is saying too much. It's a pretty formal way for a small apology. For bigger mess-ups things like "I/we sincerely apologize" and wording like that comes into play.

Lirange 10-16-2015 01:41 AM

I'll write a draft next time for y'all to approve.