Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaFan Announcements (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   [FiestaFan] Update on Reputation System (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5930)

Blaaaaaaaah 03-01-2008 12:03 AM

[FiestaFan] Update on Reputation System

We have updated our Reputation System in order to reduce the abuse of it. We have mainly made changes to the factors that affect your Rep Power.

What is the Reputation System?
This is a system where it allows users to approve/disapprove other member's post.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6...utationms1.jpg

1. Reputation bar - This bar indicates how much reputation points you have. You can see the amount of reputation points you have in your User CP.

2. How do I rep people? You can alter another member's reputation by clicking the REP button on the bottom left of posts and approve/disapprove their post along with a comment. For example, if a member has helped you, you can approve of their post with a comment saying "Thanks for your help!".

What is Rep Power?
Rep power indicates how many points you add/take away to/from another user's reputation. There are several factors that affect your rep power. A few of them include:

Register Date Factor
For every 150 days since the date of registration, the user gains 1 point in their reputation-altering power. [Used to be 60 days]

Post Count Factor
For every 750 posts, the user gains 1 point in their reputation-altering power. [Used to be 100 posts]

Reputation Point Factor:
For every 100 points, the user gains 1 point in their reputation-altering power. [Used to be 10 points]

Daily Reputation Click Limit:
Users may now only rep 5 people in a 24 hour period. [Used to be 10]

Any questions, or suggestions, feel free to post it here or pm it to one of the mods.

Valentines 03-01-2008 12:09 AM

Hmm, so you mean how much rep we actually GIVE?

/slightlyconfused.

Or gaining 1 point by doing one of those.

Lady-Loki 03-01-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 99741)
Daily Reputation Click Limit:
Users may now only rep 5 people in a 24 hour period. [Used to be 10]

Oh No! You are making it harder for me to neg-rep hyper!!

Hyper 03-01-2008 12:20 AM

Lol@my post in pic.

Wewt, not as serious abuse!

No, now I'm stuck with the higher-than-usual rep that Spirit took/gave me! >.<

Blaaaaaaaah 03-01-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentines (Post 99746)
Hmm, so you mean how much rep we actually GIVE?

/slightlyconfused.

Or gaining 1 point by doing one of those.

Yeap, how much rep we actually give.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki (Post 99747)
Oh No! You are making it harder for me to neg-rep hyper!!

LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperswoss (Post 99763)
Lol@my post in pic.

Wewt, not as serious abuse!

No, now I'm stuck with the higher-than-usual rep that Spirit took/gave me! >.<

HAHAHA! There there, -pats-.

viasta 03-01-2008 01:06 AM

blahs, I can't rep anyone for 1 month+ already, what's happening to me?

Pritcher 03-01-2008 03:22 AM

Basically it drastically reduces the amount of points people can give to others when they rep them. I think this way would be better if it had started out as such, but switching to it at this point kind of makes the gap between lower repped people and higher repped people completely unbridgeable now.

Blaaaaaaaah 03-01-2008 06:15 AM

Yeah, unfortunately we can't make it so that the change will be applied to those who already have reputation points, but as for now, this seems to be the best way to reduce the abuse of this system furthermore.

That just gave me an idea. Maybe we can start the rep system all over again. I'll see what the other mods say. Thanks for your input!

Ralath 03-01-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 99853)
That just gave me an idea. Maybe we can start the rep system all over again. I'll see what the other mods say. Thanks for your input!

^This was the idea I was going to suggest had I been on earlier (instead of wasting my time in Elderine getting a headache).

Hehe. But not Hyperswoss's quest will be derailed and he will have to start all over again.. XD

Loveless 03-01-2008 07:00 AM

Resetting might be good cause I haven't been able to rep anyone for awhile now too...