Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cleric (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Stat Placement (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452)

Xardan 12-08-2007 01:45 AM

Stat Placement

I have just reached lvl 16 with my Cleric. I am going for a more solo based character. I plan on doing the occasional KQ every now and then. I have been going 2:1 End/Strength based off of prior questions/answers off of these forums. My question now is because of in game reports that all Clerics need 25 Spr. Should I stop Strength at 10 and then switch it up to 2:1 End/Spr? Thanks in advance for helpful comments.

Xardan

Blaaaaaaaah 12-08-2007 01:54 AM

If you're going for a solo build I don't think 25 SPR is essential unless you want the crit rate. I did use 25 SPR for the crit rate, but I also went for the SP which I needed since I went for a support build.

25 points is a lot... I think STR/END build is ok. But I'm not a solo cleric so don't take my word for it, just my opinion. xD

ThievingSix 12-08-2007 02:01 AM

I am a solo cleric, and I went pure END. It's not bad as long as you have patience to kill things as it can take you a while todo so.

Xylem 12-08-2007 04:39 AM

If you're gonna solo... I think you should use STR. I have 2 clerics, 1 is Full STR, and 1 is full END (with 25 spr). THe one with full STR can solo quite well. It's just that training alone gets VERY boring sometimes...

But hey, soloing means all the spoils and farming are yours :P IN a party, it's hard to go farming, since people criticise you for "Picking flowers" and not helping with the battle.

Hmm.. Should i go back to my STR cleric? XD I"m poor now.

NotMyWay 12-08-2007 12:39 PM

u could always do end/str... i see no problem with not having spr, even if u have to heal the tanker, after all, u can always using sp stones or potions. i went 1:1 str/end though, because end also helps in survival (healing others may cause the monster to attack u), but i think not having enough str will result in taking a long time to kill a monster...

Triumph 12-09-2007 04:36 PM

2:1 END/STR is fine. Your damage will be somewhat reduced, but it is a very good build for soloing.

If you're impatient like me, go 1:1 STR/END with two STR:END rings. I personally outdamage any fighter with a 1h sword, lol.

Xylem 12-10-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotMyWay (Post 54683)
u could always do end/str... i see no problem with not having spr, even if u have to heal the tanker, after all, u can always using sp stones or potions. i went 1:1 str/end though, because end also helps in survival (healing others may cause the monster to attack u), but i think not having enough str will result in taking a long time to kill a monster...

So that's why the monsters always attack me >.< I thought I'd make a full support cleric to avoid the damn monsters.

jacquin 12-10-2007 12:10 PM

As a full support, you'll see ALOT of monsters rushing up to you. It's because of the aggo system here: it not only judges by highest damage (thus why they run from a warrior to go after mages and archers) but also by whoever is healing the current target. As such, if you're one doing the most healing to the tank, you're the main target. In fact, if a monster is hitting you, and you are healing regularly while fighting, you'll hold aggo better than almost anyone else (I believe only warrior taunts would be able to pull it away from you).

A way to soften that is to lower the level of your heal: the stronger the heal, the more aggo you pull.

todd0168 12-12-2007 04:42 PM

My main is a level 43 cleric. Soon to be level 44 hopefully. ^_^

My current build is 2:1 End:Str. I solo very well (currently working on harkan and king coll licenses). I also party quite a bit in cp and uruga. Currently I only use hammers, but as I move more and more into uruga I might carry a mace with me so I don't miss as much. I don't currently have any points into Spr but am considering it seeing as how I do tend to crit quite a bit and that extra 5% might come in really handy. Would only go to +25 of course.

Xylem 12-14-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThievingSix (Post 54552)
I am a solo cleric, and I went pure END. It's not bad as long as you have patience to kill things as it can take you a while todo so.

That's true. I made an END and SPR cleric - Then i got bored and jumped to a mage lol. -no patience-