Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gamer's World (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Like a kid in a candy store (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19747)

Pritcher 04-13-2009 08:03 AM

Like a kid in a candy store

So yeah, I finally upraded from my poor old video card to something a bit more potent. It's not exactly bleeding edge stuff, but it's pretty much as good as it gets without upgrading my motherboard since I'm still stuck with AGP for now and I wasn't quite willing to make the jump to PCI-E yet.

I was basically only expecting a modest increase in FPS in most stuff I play and maybe the ability to play some new stuff at lower end settings. What I got however, was a frickin beast of a card that can seemingly handle damn near anything thrown at it. It's likely added a couple years worth of use to my old system. I can play everything I used to play at low settings at the maximum settings now without a hitch and it even handles newer stuff along the lines of Crysis, Bioshock, Fallout 3, etc... at medium to highest settings and resolutions while maintaining a very respectable framerate.

Needless to say, I was elated. A whole new world of gaming has suddenly opened up for me and because of that I've only slept about 4 hours in the last 3 days or so...
:cries:

So anyway, I think I've got a good bead on most of the good stuff, but if anyone has any suggestions of some newer, (like in the last year or two), pc stuff that I've overlooked and that is worth taking a look at, let me know. I'm in a total gaming consumption mood atm. I've got multiplayer pretty much covered; I'm looking more for good single-player campaign stuff.

The stuff that I couldn't play before and I've either played now or is already on my list:
Call of Duty 4/World at War
GTA 4
Gears of War
Unreal Tournament 3
Crysis/Warhead
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay/Dark Athena
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

MikeyG 04-13-2009 09:57 AM

I cant wait for my birthday ... new amazing comp that will run anything here I come : ) haha.

Then we will play some Unreal tourney together ;)

srabble031 04-13-2009 10:01 AM

Play Left 4 Dead awsome game, especially if u play w/ friend or w/e

basically ur 1 of 4 survivors of the infection it's really fun u could even paly as a zombie...

it's just awsome *O*

Belaslav 04-13-2009 12:54 PM

Mirrors Edge is cool.

a.L 04-13-2009 12:55 PM

I'm jealous. xD

Sparkeh 04-13-2009 12:56 PM

Gears of War 2 is good for FPS player. >;D

Senyx The Soulless one 04-13-2009 01:01 PM

Athlon 2x with image-smoothing.

Nvidia Premium.

And a lot of free CPU space.

Just makes game all the better, screw staying up to date with all that, as long as it works ~.-

Ivramire 04-13-2009 04:11 PM

Any and all of the Total War series are good if you like strategy.

Senyx The Soulless one 04-13-2009 04:15 PM

Gears of War 2 is ZOMGEPIC

I play online, Usually i play Horde (Survive waves)

I mix that with Phantasy Star, Burnout Paradise, and Fiesta Online, and as of thursday, A friend is hooking me up with a pristine copy of Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1.

MikeyG 04-13-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky_96 (Post 322306)
Gears of War 2 is good for FPS player. >;D

Gears of shit is 3rd person not first.