Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Literature Corner (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Book Discussion. (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13558)

UserName 09-26-2008 03:06 AM

Discuss books here.
Your favorite.
Your least favorite.
Recommendations for other people.
From Comics to manga to dictionaries.
Any books will do.

Rules-
No inappropriate books.
Follow ToS.
No flaming a book.
You may disagree why you didn't like a book or thought it wasn't great.

Post away~

------

I'll start off.

Well i think a great book was The City Of Ember. It makes you want to keep on reading. It also has a sequel, The People Of Sparks. You should definitely give the book a go. It had a movie about it so it must be good. It also has a prequel which is the 3rd book. People of YeonWood or something. And it has another sequel the 4th book but i forgot what its called. I'm going to go to the library and borrow the 3rd and 4th book in the series. Book is by Jeanne Duprau

I Absolutely Recommend this book.

Loveless 09-26-2008 03:15 AM

Might want to add in the author too just in case.

Let's see my favorite book is... well the "bones" series by Kathy Reichs. There are several series by her and the stories revolve around this one forensic anthropologist. She works both in Montreal and the states, wherever work calls her. She helps to solve the deaths of those who are too decomposed. If you've seen the show Bones, the show is based off this series.

Reichs' writing is just amazing. The only book I couldn't finish was Cross Bones because it didn't interest me as much as the others. Wasn't her usual stuff. :/

I've yet to come across a book I didn't like... if I didn't like it... I didn't read it.

Luna 09-26-2008 03:19 AM

Women's murder club. Simply amazing series. It's a set of 3: 1st to die, 2nd chance, and 3d degree.

Author: James Patterson

Basically..this crime investigator teams up with 3 other girls, a coroner "or so to say, forensic person", a news reporter, and a person that works with her, and files the cases. These women team up to solve murders that are occuring all over the U.S and try to peice it together before another life is taken, and they keep it on the downlow, so nobody knows they work together. Great series ;)

Hessah 09-26-2008 03:20 AM

my favourite book(s):

Tomorrow When the War Began Series - by John Marsden

A group of teenage kids went camping in outback Australia, and when they came out the whole country was invaded and was at War. Over 7 books they went around blowing up tanks, and fighting for their country, surviving as rural kids.

It's written in first person from a tough girl's point of view, so it's not all violent, lots of team work and determination, love and emotions.

I'm not a big fan of reading, but i love all of John Marsden's books.

Luna 09-26-2008 03:23 AM

Shadow children series.

Margaret Haddix

There's a population police, and because of a shortage of food nationwide, it's illegal to have a third child, so the third children team up undercover to overthrow the population police. Risking their lives for freedom -sniff-

UserName 09-26-2008 03:27 AM

^ that book sounds good.
I might try it out.

I wonder how much money i owe at the library.....

Manzcar 09-26-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 234039)
my favourite book(s):

Tomorrow When the War Began Series - by John Marsden

A group of teenage kids went camping in outback Australia, and when they came out the whole country was invaded and was at War. Over 7 books they went around blowing up tanks, and fighting for their country, surviving as rural kids.

It's written in first person from a tough girl's point of view, so it's not all violent, lots of team work and determination, love and emotions.

I'm not a big fan of reading, but i love all of John Marsden's books.

There was a movie in 1984 called Red Dawn set in America with the same premise. Though it was only about 1.5 hours so I'm sure that the books are a lot better. I loved the movie. I think I will check out your Marsden series.

UserName 09-26-2008 03:29 AM

If a book has a movie it has to be good.
Even though the movie might suck.

Hessah 09-26-2008 04:21 AM

Apparently they've been talking about making the Tomorrow Series into a movie... i'm sure it'll be awesome too!! but the problem is that it's really long.. and it probably doesnt have a fan base like Harry Potter does...

but yeah.. i think that's why there's still not a movie on it..

It's the only set of books that i actually bought!

Least favourite books.. books that i was forced to read for english class.. Fat Chance was one of them.. i had no idea wat that was about...

kirbysprite 09-26-2008 05:17 AM

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

Best book ever. Well, it is for me, and I hate reading.