Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "end" on mages finally has a use (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29456)

Scottlee38 04-12-2011 12:07 PM

"end" on mages finally has a use

for mages many will say: 25 spr rest int or full int. lets say a person like this uses sparkcrack and you cant escape them, what then? well spr will protect you from M.dmg but wont matter if you dont have hp to spare. give yourself 25 end (half of the bonus) for the hp boost and a defense extra. as for spr 60 will give crit rate and M.def. then decide between dex and int. mages already have jacked up int, you may just want to find a sunset and put points into dex for an even more likely crit.

MikeyG 04-18-2011 04:50 PM

K are you just pulling things out your ass now for post count? End on free stat is useless for ANY DD.

And you do realize that after 25 SPR you stop gaining the crit boost? Or it's like .001..

Yosei 04-18-2011 04:58 PM

I haven't played in years, but that doesn't sound right to me. If I recall, END counts for less on mages as opposed to fighters and clerics. Not to mention, sparkcashed mages have that and then some.

You'd basically be relying on crits with little damage, even then it's not like they aren't smart enough to prepare for an onslaught of mage damage which is expected to be more with an INT or INT/SPR mage, but will actually be less than expected since this build you are suggesting, does not benefit their damage.

It calls for a little more survivability, and more crit, but that's it. No damage, and with no damage, a mage is dead. A mages tactic is distance and just pure brute m-damage that is meant to burn people down.

Loveless 04-18-2011 05:20 PM

Free-stat END gives shield block % which has no use for any class without a shield. You're not getting full potential out of the stat therefore you should be focusing on something else.

Like I said before... I think you should just quit cause it seems you won't get very far with the game and will end up ragequitting anyway. Just my honest opinion here.

RayRay 04-18-2011 05:38 PM

lol that mage build got to be the dumbest thing ive seen try runescape.

Hraesvelg 04-18-2011 06:25 PM

This build has nothing on my full INT fighter.

MikeyG 04-19-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 440188)
This build has nothing on my full INT fighter.

-like-

Leesa 04-19-2011 12:21 AM

Errr... a bit more health from END in free stat is completely useless compared to putting those points in INT or SPR. If a mage is gonna die, 25 END isn't saving them any better than more damage would, so might as well just kill them before they do.

Scottlee38 04-19-2011 11:39 AM

what took you all so long to answer? finally. Im coming from the point that one has no access to addict cash

a.L 04-19-2011 12:38 PM

Like the others have said before, END really is pointless in free stat allocation. Say you put in 50 END, you get an additional 250 hp, right? You'll probably only live another second. Not saying END is useless, it's just hell of a lot more efficient to get it from your gears.

If you really want to stand your ground against CS heavy users without using CS yourself, you're going to need some godly-ass gear at the very least. Otherwise, you generally won't be able to stand much of a chance against them.