Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Question (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14159)

Spirit 10-15-2008 06:44 PM

Question

Mature – PLEASE keep this mature – if you do not know the answer or can not add something important to the discussion – stay out. I am not saying this as the OP, I am going ahead and posting a warning as a mod. I will remove or delete anything inappropriate or unnecessary.

Okay, sexually transmitted diseases can be passed from one person to the next by the transfer of bodily fluids. The different types of fluids all seem to carry these diseases. I will not name them all.

So, if this is the case, can drug usage be transferred? I know that a pregnant woman can deliver a baby that is addicted to crack and such as that. But, I am referring to two adults. Can someone fail a drug test if the share the same bed with someone who is a chronic drug user?

If not, why?

A NO, this has nothing to do with personal life or a personal experience.

Belaslav 10-15-2008 07:11 PM

As far as my guess goes, no. Drugs are just chemicals that sooner or later will be flushed out of your body. Plus the amount of drugs transferred will be so miniscule, that there is no real danger of it going in your blood and making you addicted, or upsetting the drug tester machine.

Spirit 10-15-2008 07:26 PM

So because it is a chemical that your body immediately starts to break down, it will not be transferred. That makes sense.

What about those drugs though that they say can stay in your system up to 30 days or more?

Belaslav 10-15-2008 07:40 PM

Then they'll stay in your system for 30 day or more. But once again, very small amounts.

lamchopz 10-16-2008 11:36 AM

Drugs will be filtered at the kidneys and excreted in urine. However, urine is held at the bladder until a signal to relax is sent (during urination). So I don't see how it can jump to the other person. Assume that it does spit into the air (!!!!), it can't get into the person's body unless it travels through his/her oral cavity. If by chance, it gets into the other person through "that" contact, it should be minimal and the body will act to get rid of it. Sexually transmitted diseases got their names because the acting organisms can invade the reproductive system. I'm not too sure about drugs in general. The rectus (the other opening) is continuous with the gastrointestinal tract which shouldn't have much of the drugs or at all because they're meant to be absorbed into the circulation to exert their effects. Again, we're just looking at possible tranmission pathways in a sexual intercourse. I will say no but I will ask my lecturer when I have the chance because it involves chronic drug use which maintains the drug concentration in the body, so it may do other things I can't think of or actually know of, given my limited knowledge.

Hessah 10-16-2008 11:54 AM

I've also always been curious... if someone has AIDS / HIV, and they have unprotected sex with someone that's not infected, its it 100% chance (or very close to 100%) that the other person WILL get the virus??

lamchopz 10-16-2008 11:58 AM

"Reproduction" lecture series is 1.5 weeks away. I will come back and try to answer this question again, with at least better knowledge than I have now. lol

Meanwhile, any experts in the field please help us. :D

Blaaaaaaaah 10-16-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 243321)
I've also always been curious... if someone has AIDS / HIV, and they have unprotected sex with someone that's not infected, its it 100% chance (or very close to 100%) that the other person WILL get the virus??

No, transmission of STDs are actually very low. I have still yet to find some good "trustable" sources on that but many google sites says that chances are low. Plus, the show in Forensic Heroes also said the same thing (which was why I had googled it once upon a time for dad, if you remember. No wait, you were out). But once I get time I will go and find some good sites with good scientific information (rather than those "Ask Dr. Blahblah!!").

I am not sure about drugs. I have wanted to look into this when I saw the thread but haven't had the time yet. Though I have usually assumed that no, drugs cannot be transmitted that way.

a.L 10-16-2008 12:09 PM

"Don't be silly, wrap your willy."

Spirit 10-16-2008 01:12 PM

lam - when you ask, also ask about the different types of drugs. Do pain killers act differently than….. say cocaine?