Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fiesta General (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sea of Greed balancing (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6339)

JC annihilates 03-13-2008 05:35 AM

Sea of Greed balancing

I know there are a lot of threads regarding game balance, but I was curious if anyone knew whether Outspark has control of placement and type in regards to the enemies, because the sea of greed has nothing but monsters that aggro. Everytime I go there everyone is just standing around looking for a party to fight pirates because EVERYTHING attacks you save the mara pirate. Its crazy.

Hyper 03-13-2008 05:40 AM

Um...

Hate to break it to you, but that's how every single non-Roumen area map is. Sea of Greed and up.

Hessah 03-13-2008 05:47 AM

after roumen, forest of Tide, sand beach and part of Forest of Mist everything on the map aggros you...

(with the exception of a few mobs in forest of slumber but u wont get there till lvl 5x-ish)

NotMyWay 03-13-2008 05:56 AM

Why not try to fight the monsters in forest of mist first, then come back to sea of greed when ur higher level?

Hyper 03-13-2008 06:09 AM

17 is more than high enough to solo in Sea of Greed... I'd kill Smart Phinos and Joker Kebings.

Do Mara KQ as much as possible.

Enraya 03-13-2008 08:06 AM

I don't find anything wrong with aggro monsters ... o-o

Can you imagine if no monsters in CP had aggro?
I could just walk to the Uruga portal gate no problem xD

iDerrick 03-13-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperswoss (Post 106668)
17 is more than high enough to solo in Sea of Greed... I'd kill Smart Phinos and Joker Kebings.

Do Mara KQ as much as possible.

Odd, I've been stuck in FoM till my late 20s, the mobs in FoM/SoG are a bit hard for that level. Nerf procks and grave robbers plz.

Esen 03-13-2008 09:00 AM

I had no problems with SoG on any of my characters. But I guess with the way I do things, slow killings are a-okay as long as long as I get my quest done. o-o My mage did struggle a bit at level 16, but it was easier for my other characters due to them having higher HP and defense.

I usually avoided most mobs by walking around the edge from what I remember. In most cases I would aggro one monster, kill it and move on to the spot I wanted to go to. At around that level I stuck to the the island with the boogies at first before moving to the island with all the sailors and elites when I needed to kill them for a quest. I normally didn't aggro two or more unless I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. And heck, if I did aggro more, chances are someone else wanted to kill it, haha.

Lady-Loki 03-13-2008 11:11 AM

To answer the question, no, I don't think Outspark controls the specific placement and type in regards to the enemies. If they had that control then they may have been able to fix whatever problem was present with the BR mobs but since they closed the map and we are all just waiting I suspect we are waiting on the Korean dev's to fix it.

Not to the question, start with the small area right behind the portal templar and the spawns are the non-aggro pirate and the boogy but they don't spawn in mass profusion so it's is relatively easy to solo there until you build up a bit more. Then work your way along the water edge to test the Marine pirate (Big ugly dude in green) and once you are moving up go across that bridge and move to the left to a set of crates. At those levels I solo'd from those crates a lot.

And like those posts above, yeah, you are pretty much gonna find most if not all maps going forward are aggro maps.

Spirit 03-13-2008 02:34 PM

It is the games way of showing that everything is going to get progressively harder. The thing that I did, was you have an idle-time when you first go through the portal. I always immediately ran to the boat beside the templar and stood on the pier until I had gathered myself up. Unless someone has pulled a train up there, it is a safe place to get your party together.