Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rollerblading?! :D (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7952)

Kachan 04-29-2008 01:54 AM

Rollerblading?! :D

So, I'm taking up rollerblading, and I would just like some tips. Finding my center of gravity, not being afraid of falling down, and most of all.. STOPPING! ^__^

I used to rollerblade.. but I never knew how to stop. So, I never went out. xD But, I'm taking it up again, because I need some kind of excercise that isn't harsh on my feet [ running ] or requires extreme hard work [ gymnastics ]. Something that's cool. ;D So, I chose to rollerblade, because you basically just glide, but you still work out. And you can use it in daily life! I know.. it's kind of like riding a bicyle all over again. xD But hey, I gotta start somewhere. I bought some pretty good skates. Women's Rollerblader? I dunno, but it was around 60 bucks, and my dad had to buy it, so I NEED to learn.

Oddly enough, after I was doing some pilates on my thighs, I got increasingly better at my coordination when I practiced with my skates only the second time! xD; Weird, huh? Stopping on the break seems still new and hard for me.. since I'm still having a rough time moving. ^^; And the skates are still fairly new to me, so I've just gotta get used to them. What's the longest average time it takes a person to really get a good hold on rollerblading? I mean, sure it could take forever, but AN average? I'm sure I'll out last that average, but a guesstimate if you practice around an hour a day.

Belaslav 04-29-2008 02:41 AM

A few days to learn the basics of it, and a month to be good at it.

As for braking, either use the braking pad or sharp turn braking, which can take you a while to master (hurt myself a couple of times there), but is excellent for stopping.

booyah8876 04-29-2008 03:14 AM

omg.

I love rollerblading...

too bad I never go forwards...

I always skate backwards xD

then I go to the skatepark and show off my l33t skillz.

I think of it like running with weels 8D

AND NEVER STOP WITH THE BRAKES D:

Learn how to slide yourself to gain more friction and stop yourself... or how to turn so sharply without falling on your face that you stop. When you're skating, and a car comes rolling by (if you skate in the street like me) the brakes aren't fast enough.

Flowersss 04-29-2008 06:07 AM

Running.......FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viasta 04-29-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowersss (Post 134636)
Running.......FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, running is pwnage, crosscountry and track ftw :P

and when i was young, my butt was my stop for rollerblades

Sinto 04-29-2008 08:56 PM

o.o

Never straighten you knees when blading

Never put your feet together, keep them seperated

Move your feet like \ /. Not | |. If you get what I mean.

And have fun! Don't panic! :D