Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaWiki (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A Bot! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19776)

Icy 04-14-2009 01:41 AM

A Bot!

Yes, a bot. It will have access to everything in the wiki as its tentacles of power, and it will have lots of solid data as its foundation.

The question is, what should it be made to do?

Bear in mind that bots do recursive and/or repetitive tasks; this makes them very good at pulling data off tables and updating tables, but they are very very awful at comprehension.

The following are what the bot will potentially do:
  • Inject correct and up-to-date data into {{Monstats}} in the monster pages
  • Inject correct and up-to-date data into equipment items
  • Inject correct and up-to-date data into skill statistics
  • Customizable recursive tasks in responding to user's inputs
The last one is probably of interest to most people. What would you want to bot to do if you could insert a snippet of code in an article to trigger some action taken by the bot?

Hraesvelg 04-14-2009 03:07 AM

Make it search for Sarah Connor.

I can't really think of anything that would be useful. Now, if it were able to pull info from shop data, that would be great. The only way I can think for that to work right now (aside from having an in-game bot run around town and check prices) would be on the honor system, having people enter what they're selling items for. Then the bot could average prices and help even-out the economy. That's probably a bit ambitious at this point, though.

Belaslav 04-14-2009 03:26 AM

Fix Triumph's spelling errors? :cheeky:

Triumph 04-14-2009 04:20 AM

wut

pigspark 04-14-2009 08:53 AM

wht is going on i dont get it, A bot In game or on forums?

Triumph 04-14-2009 12:10 PM

It's a Wiki bot.

Blaaaaaaaah 04-14-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 322685)

I can't really think of anything that would be useful. Now, if it were able to pull info from shop data, that would be great. The only way I can think for that to work right now (aside from having an in-game bot run around town and check prices) would be on the honor system, having people enter what they're selling items for. Then the bot could average prices and help even-out the economy. That's probably a bit ambitious at this point, though.

That'll be kind of cool. But yeah, gonna be so complex with the variety of statted armours and such. I don't get what you mean by help evening-out the economy, but that would probably be me not knowing how bots actually work and what they're capable of doing (since Icy said they're awful at comprehension).

Senyx The Soulless one 04-14-2009 12:52 PM

I saw the bot sitting there when i was on the Wiki yesterday, make it gather info on dungeon mobs, We need it. :D :D <---

Icy 04-14-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 322685)

This needs to be done by selling price. It is only the transaction price that matters. Asking price/bids do not reflect what's really going on.

This is do-able, but it will not be part of the wiki.

Senyx The Soulless one 04-14-2009 06:16 PM

Is the wiki asking anyone else to download something before they can edit a page? I posted up somewhere, But i think it's the bot's doing.