Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   People say 'Yes' to this? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24252)

Blaaaaaaaah 10-23-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 385742)
Believe it or not, getting an abortion is usually not as easy as saying that a person simply doesn't want their babies.

That's also true, not only due to the law thing, but because of the emotional trauma that goes with abortion (or so I've heard).

If they can easily (emotion wise) go through abortion just cos they didn't want it, then that would have probably been the better option for the baby.

aramil001 10-23-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 385743)
That's also true, not only due to the law thing, but because of the emotional trauma that goes with abortion (or so I've heard).

If they can easily (emotion wise) go through abortion just cos they didn't want it, then that would have probably been the better option for the baby.

But what would of happened, if it was an unwanted baby, as in a rape victim? It could cause more harm to baby after birth. There is also the conciquences that the mother wouldn't cherish the baby, and would with a wanted baby.

Lady-Loki 10-23-2009 06:49 PM

I didn't watch it and I don't need to. Having already faced a situation where I had to go through abortion counseling because I was carrying a baby who was so genetically challenged that if she made it to birth she would have been in constant pain for the few hours she lived (the doctors advised that based on her problems she would never live more than a few hours outside the womb) I know the process, pictures and more detail than I ever cared to know.

In my case we had to decide whether to carry her to birth or abort. For me, I feel that God took that burden off me by stopping her heart before my return visit to the doctor the next week (and for those who do not believe in God, please keep that argument out of this as this is a discussion on abortion not religion, I only mention that God took that burden because I have my faith & my faith helped me through that difficult period of my life, thank you). But I digress - back to: based on the issues, based on the fact that this pregnancy followed four miscarriages during the 2 years prior, which was weighing heavy on the whole family, and based on the fact that she would have absolutely no quality of life if she even made it to birth, we felt abortion was going to be the best option. But as I said, God took that out of our hands before we went back to the doctor.

I will state, for the record, that prior to that pregnancy and the issues we faced with her disabilities I was firm on my stand that abortion was not acceptable for any reason. Once I was faced with my situation I better understood that unless you are walking in that woman's shoes, you have no idea whether abortion is right or wrong for her.

I still my no means think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. But I do believe every situation is different and the decision should be between the parent/s (read that "woman" in cases where the person who fathered the child is a rapist or pedophile, etc.) and their conscience.

Hraesvelg 10-23-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki (Post 385769)

I will state, for the record, that prior to that pregnancy and the issues we faced with her disabilities I was firm on my stand that abortion was not acceptable for any reason. Once I was faced with my situation I better understood that unless you are walking in that woman's shoes, you have no idea whether abortion is right or wrong for her.

I still my no means think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. But I do believe every situation is different and the decision should be between the parent/s (read that "woman" in cases where the person who fathered the child is a rapist or pedophile, etc.) and their conscience.

Well-put, even though that the father really has no say over the decision, even if he is still around.

Phantom Badger 10-25-2009 08:39 PM

It is my opinion that if someone wants an abortion, let them.
Who are we to say who can and cant do what to their bodies ?
It is because of those views that I resent the religeous fascists who believe that we should all follow their way of living.

Lirange 10-25-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX (Post 386091)
Who are we to say who can and cant do what to their bodies ?

Their body isn't the only thing their harming.

Phantom Badger 10-25-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lirange (Post 386095)
Their body isn't the only thing their harming.

If by that you mean the baby then I still say it is her body untill the baby is born, as thats what I believe.
If by that you mean her mind then I would still classify that as her body.
If you mean something else then please elaborate.

Lirange 10-25-2009 10:11 PM

I ment the baby.
I classify the baby and the womans body as two different things.

A_Forever 10-25-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lirange (Post 386116)
I ment the baby.
I classify the baby and the womans body as two different things.

The "baby" can't even think or breath yet when abortions occur..

Its still basically a bunch of cells still trying to form this thing, isn't it? O_o Well.. I mean there's kind of a shape of a baby but its still not really.. human yet. (I know. I sound stupid, I can't put what I am thinking into words, apparently..)

Lirange 10-25-2009 10:20 PM

Are you trying to say it's not a "living being" yet?