Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive." (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31538)

crystalblueheart 01-01-2012 09:24 PM

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

Is anyone getting this error when they open the launcher? Instead of it saying "Patch Check Completed" I get "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive." I've reset my internet connection and it doesn't help; I can still play but I need to close the launcher and open it again a few times before it says "Patch Check Completed." I think this had to do with the server instability that they said they were dealing with, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ikira 01-02-2012 09:14 PM

Hi

I've been trying to launch fiesta for the first time (I've never played before) and I received the same error. I tried launching from the file in the "C:" drive, restarting my computer, and fiddling with my firewall.. nothing worked. -_-

**Edit: I just tried closing and reopening the launcher as you did and the patch was completed, but when I log in I still get the same error only it shows up in a message box as error "503". If there is a real solution to this issue and you find it, would you mind posting it here?

~Ikira

crystalblueheart 01-03-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikira (Post 453012)
I've been trying to launch fiesta for the first time (I've never played before) and I received the same error. I tried launching from the file in the "C:" drive, restarting my computer, and fiddling with my firewall.. nothing worked. -_-

**Edit: I just tried closing and reopening the launcher as you did and the patch was completed, but when I log in I still get the same error only it shows up in a message box as error "503". If there is a real solution to this issue and you find it, would you mind posting it here?

~Ikira

I'm not sure what error 503 is, but I have the same message (title of thread) even when it says patch completed and I type in my password and log in. It pops up in a different window instead of being displayed at the bottom of the original one. Is that what you're talking about? I still haven't been able to solve it; I just reopen the launcher again :l And also welcome to Fiesta/FiestaFan :) I never had an error when I first downloaded Fiesta but that was a year and a half ago...I'm not sure how to help you out D:

Vasu 01-03-2012 10:17 AM

I can't think of anything except for re-installing/re-downloading the client. Have you tried the main forums? They have a forum with known problems, so you can try and check that out.

Nyogtha 01-03-2012 06:07 PM

Well at least I'm not the only one then. :O
It's not really that big of a problem though, because the game still works, but it'd still be nice to get a solution to that.

crystalblueheart 01-03-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyogtha (Post 453022)
Well at least I'm not the only one then. :O
It's not really that big of a problem though, because the game still works, but it'd still be nice to get a solution to that.

Yeah lol. I guess when I get a chance I'll post on the forums
EDIT: I haven't had the problem since the Adealia and the emergency patch have been downloaded.