Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Help With Mage Build + Empowerments (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10057)

ankitsoodu 06-26-2008 07:17 PM

Help With Mage Build + Empowerments

I'm having alot of trouble figuring out a good build for my mage, all ive been able to find so far are AoE builds. Can anyone give me a good non-AoE build. Also i dont know what to empower, ive empowered fire blast with dmg increase and the same for magic missile (because I use magic missile 1 for spamming between cooldowns). I've also heard that duration time on lightning bolt adds stun. Help me out please!

Spirit 06-26-2008 07:18 PM

First question. You gonna be soloing alot or are you gonna have a party, just not an AOE party?

Ivramire 06-26-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitsoodu (Post 174273)
I'm having alot of trouble figuring out a good build for my mage, all ive been able to find so far are AoE builds. Can anyone give me a good non-AoE build.

AoE is what Mages are best at. Anyway full-INT if you want immediate benefits, 25SPR rest INT if you're looking to wait for end-game. Also take into account whether you want to be a 'Nuker' or 'Demolisher.' 'Nukers' annihilate for high burst damage at high SP-cost. 'Demolishers' do the same but for less SP cost and over a loner period of time.

Quote:

Also i dont know what to empower, ive empowered fire blast with dmg increase and the same for magic missile (because I use magic missile 1 for spamming between cooldowns).

Damage on MM is wasted. Put it on damage of your Fire spells, cool-down of AoEs and of Chain-Cast.

Quote:

I've also heard that duration time on lightning bolt adds stun. Help me out please!

False.

ankitsoodu 06-27-2008 07:45 PM

to answer the first question, i both solo and party so im a bit confused on what to do there but i think ill go with the 25 spr and rest int build for that cuz so far its working really well.

for empowerments, should i start decreasing cooldown on MM and fire blast even though ive already added dmg or should i just decrease sp on my other spells?

Ivramire 06-28-2008 02:22 AM

What level range are you in?

cillia 06-28-2008 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitsoodu (Post 175119)
to answer the first question, i both solo and party so im a bit confused on what to do there but i think ill go with the 25 spr and rest int build for that cuz so far its working really well.

for empowerments, should i start decreasing cooldown on MM and fire blast even though ive already added dmg or should i just decrease sp on my other spells?

with my mage, between yaknow, 1~25 or so, go with cooldown for a bunch of your skills. MM only need maybe 1 or 2 cooldown points, since its cooldown is already fast. For all of the others, just try 2~4 cooldown point if you can. For a build, mine's pure INT with a few end/int gears. as long as you have a lot of hp pots and stones/ or of course a good healer, you should be O.K.

btw, if you think you have enough cooldown for your skills, be sure to add damage. but i warn you- be sure to put enough cooldown in.. my first mage had almost all power, with a lil bit of cooldown.. >< i can barely use that mage anymore! ><
>< hope that kind of helps..

Triumph 06-28-2008 04:51 AM

Statistically, endgame full INT still has an overall higher damage ratio. Excel never lies, after all.

The majority of the forerunners (true pro mages?) used full INT. I personally endorse it myself as well.

As for skill empowerments, once you near level 60, you technically don't need to spam MM as much anymore, because you'll have eight 5-15 second cooldown spells to work with. As a result, I recommend:

Magic Blast: 5 points to power.
Fire Ball: 5 points to power.
Fear: 5 points to duration.
Inferno: 5 points to cooldown.

If PvP-orientation is considered as well:

Chain Casting: 5 points to cooldown.
Stifle: 5 points to duration.

Those seem to be the most useful empowerments; all other empowerments are optional and may be configured to the user's play style.

ankitsoodu 06-30-2008 04:44 AM

that was really helpful triumph and cilla but since i dont get spells like fear and inferno till later (I am only lvl 30) should i put my points into cooldowns for all spells, i think that would prolly help me cuz in the long run, id be doing more dmg in a shorter amount of time

jiggles 07-27-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitsoodu (Post 176566)
that was really helpful triumph and cilla but since i dont get spells like fear and inferno till later (I am only lvl 30) should i put my points into cooldowns for all spells, i think that would prolly help me cuz in the long run, id be doing more dmg in a shorter amount of time

Magic Blast: 5 points to power.
Fire Ball: 5 points to power.
Fear: 5 points to duration.
Inferno: 5 points to cooldown.

do u mean magic misslie and fire bolt ??

woops... didn't mean to qoute that message from ankitsoodu xD

meant to quote from Triumph

somedumbfool 09-08-2008 09:25 AM

yea Triumph just double checking...

Magic Blast = Magic Burst and Fire Ball = Fire Bolt right?