Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Difficult (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1588)

Symphoni 09-29-2007 12:32 PM

Difficult

Why is it so difficult to train mage..i cant kil really well..or should i train on green mods.. i die easily.. and i dont have money to buy stones..

Yami 09-29-2007 01:18 PM

If you die too easily train on weaker mobs. That goes for other classes too, not just mages. If you can't handle something then don't fight it.

Triumph 09-29-2007 02:16 PM

Mages kill too fast. They can't really take a hit, but they kill really, really fast...

Lilian 09-29-2007 06:19 PM

You referring to anyone in particular there, Triumph? ;) I need scrolls btw.

To successfully play a mage you need to handle a few things:

-you always need potions & stones. if you don't have the money for it, you need to rethink how you make money. simple as.

-you practically always need scrolls, AT LEAST def and vit, to be effective.

-you need an area where you have room to maneuver. if you fight in a cramped spot, you wont be able to move away from the monster while blasting it with your magic. trust me, you don't really want to fight 2 mobs at a time. :P

These all hold true only if youre playing solo. In a party, mages become gods, so no worries there. :D

n00bLar 09-29-2007 07:22 PM

I don't find mage hard to lvl. In fact I think they lvl pretty fast. You just need to know how to use your spells and how to kite :-)

It's true that mage lacks def and hp but the damage that your spells make makes up for that more or less :-P

Loveless 09-29-2007 10:19 PM

First time I actually played a mage is this game and it was so easy... I got to Lv17 in a matter of hours (yay for KQs).

With the magic... you should use
Lightning -> Ice -> MM -> Fire ->MM Rinse and repeat.

If you can't kill the monster with just one cycle of this then get your butt out of there. :P

Triumph 09-30-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilian (Post 22030)
You referring to anyone in particular there, Triumph? ;) I need scrolls btw.

To successfully play a mage you need to handle a few things:

-you always need potions & stones. if you don't have the money for it, you need to rethink how you make money. simple as.

-you practically always need scrolls, AT LEAST def and vit, to be effective.

-you need an area where you have room to maneuver. if you fight in a cramped spot, you wont be able to move away from the monster while blasting it with your magic. trust me, you don't really want to fight 2 mobs at a time. :P

These all hold true only if youre playing solo. In a party, mages become gods, so no worries there. :D

Mages become gods, PFFT.

Least I can run into a mob and come out in one piece... *cough*

Yosei 09-30-2007 01:07 AM

You can solo up wil about level 20, then you're going to start needing a party, or scrolls and potions handy. We really aren't mean to be able to solo with ease D:

OmGLoOK 09-30-2007 01:31 PM

pfft i solo at burning hill and i do just fine cept for the occasional times where mobs aggro me to the corner T_T

_JunShyr_*FTW* 09-30-2007 01:36 PM

Mages are easy enough and basically also sought after in a party so i dont know why you find it hard to level. Just get atleast a fighter in a party if u dont want a large party.